RE: [wccusdtalk] Re: [March4Education] Re: Hercules student reacts to Hypnotic state

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
      --Alright Kevin:

      Now you have known me for many many years, and I have yet to Close my mouth when I believe a child has been damaged or in danger in this district. The day that I sit by and allow my self to be coopted by the cartel, that will be the day that I die. Also, I will shut up when you stop spreading those truthful rumors about portables, bond monies, injustices to teachers and students. I like you, are of the old school and we feel, to close our mouth when any one child is hurt is to open the door for many more to be hurt. So, my brother I guess we will continue to be known as nay sayers, negative rumor spreaders or whatever title the Cartel wish to give us.

      Jim I did have the link to the story, but I could not hear it because of my computer equipment, but one of the ladies that called me after it aired is on our list, so may be she can send a direct link. You can also call downtown and ask Dr. LeBlanc office about it, because I am sure she is well aware of what happen. Also, call Paul's office, I am sure he has the link. I did go up to Hercules, and spoke with the principal about both incidents, the men with the gun(s) and the Senior breakfast. I do not wish to put the student's name on this list, because the student has and is going through some pain because of the incident and therefore, I think it is better for any one that wishes more information to contact the District.

      But, I like you Jim, think this should be out in the open, therefore, I will be at the board meeting on Wednesday night trying to get answers, and those of you who are concerned should be there as well so we can get to the bottom of this TRUTHFUL RUMOR and move forward to develop a SAFETY PLAN of action where no other student go through what this one has and is going through.

      From: "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@...>

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
        --Jim:

        Glen did write in his post that he knew the man and he had been at E.C., but the link to his web site that was sent to me is: http://chriscady.com/.

        From: jim cowen <jimcowen@...>
        > Something is wrong here.
        >
        > I have read all the posts on this topic.
        >
        > Never have seen a name of the guy. Never have seen
        > exactly what he does.
        >
        > I searched Kron.com. Found old articles about the
        > Hercules Student beating, but nothing new. Did it
        > really run on Kron???
        >
        > I searched CCtimes.com. Found nothing.
        >
        > Googled and yahooed too. Found nothing.
        >
        > Did this really happen, or is this some hoax or
        > overexaggerated non-issue?
        >
        > I just find it hard to believe the press would not run
        > with this if it had merit. Something about a kid in a
        > hypnotic state from some school assembly gone bad?? I
        > can imagine editors drooling over this one.
        >
        > What am I missing here?
        >
        > I'm glad Scottie brought the topic up, because if the
        > story has merit it deserves more attention. But, does
        > it have merit?
        > Jim Cowen

      • Rodger Eva
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
          Sorry Jim, it really happened.

          I saw the news item on the late news a few nights ago. I can't recall
          if it was KRON or another channel. The story was as follows: A
          hypnotist (who was unnamed and declined to be interviewed for the
          story) lightly hypnotized several students as entertainment at a school
          function (the news channel had still photos of teenagers sitting with
          their heads lolling) and when the students were being brought out of
          their light hypnosis, one student became agitated and had to be
          restrained. He was taken to an emergency room where a doctor was able
          to slowly bring him out of his hypnotic state and he was released. A
          hypnotherapist interviewed for the story gave the explanation that
          everybody responds differently to hypnosis and made a very clear
          distinction between the light hypnosis done for entertainment and deep
          hypnosis done for therapy. She said it was likely that in coming
          relatively quickly out of his hypnotic state the student became fearful
          and confused. In her opinion it was likely that the student was more
          susceptible to hypnosis than most people and had gone into a much
          deeper hypnotic state than the hypnotist was aware. Coming quickly out
          of that state would be disorienting and could cause distress. The story
          ended with footage of the student walking out of what looked like a
          school parking lot.

          I don't recall the story mentioning Hercules at all.

          Rodger Eva
          eva design group
          707.632.5132

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
            --Rodger:

            Thanks for the info. Kevin, now we know we can stop worrying about if we are imaging someone told us something, and our age is playing tricks on us.

            From: Rodger Eva <rodger@...>