Re: Community Engagement Coordinator-1 Community member's observation

  • ladyluvslife67
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      Ok, inspired by Jill and Charley, I pulled out the old
      Coordinator - Family & Community Involvement (1/7/2005)
      aka
      Coordinator - Community Engagement (10/13/04)
      FILE

      Yes, two job descriptions were approved by the board,
      the one we hired under is
      Coordinator - Family & Community Involvement

      Listed below is the major responsibilities of this job
      (taken from Job Announcement)

      1. Assist Strategic Focus Schools to build their capacity to
      increase family engagement and involvement through work with the
      Regional Superintendents, Principals, staff, and parents.
      2. Develop and build parent and community leadership skills to
      support district goals.
      3. Assists school sites in developing activities for parents to
      support the district's literacy program and to increase student
      achievement.
      4. Build and maintain business and community partnerships that
      support the district goals such as the Whittier Foundation/Tech
      Futures program.
      5. Provide information and training to support school based parent
      involvement.
      6. Identify ways to involve parents of newborn-5 years in district
      initiatives.
      7. Organize and provide training and resources for parents,
      principals, and school staff regarding requirements for parent
      involvement, both Federal and State.
      8. Provide training and resources to school site souncils and school
      advisory committees.
      9. Monitor submission of required membership lists and minutes
      10. Supervise administrative technician on the development of
      databases to record submission of committee requirements.
      11. Send reports of requirement status to regional superintendents
      and principals.
      12. Monitor compliance and maintain documentation of the required
      activies of mandated committees (SSC,SAC,ELAC)
      13. Provide technical assistance to schools
      14. Respond to parent complaints related to state and federal
      programs.

      Sounds like Marin is the go to man for the Site Council injustices
      that are occurring. All of our site councils should be meeting once
      or twice a year (like the ELAC has the MDAC mtgs)

      Anyway, better go or my kids will be late for school! Oh the irony
      of that! :)

      AMEDINA

      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Charley Cowens"