Re: Retirements

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
      Tammy,
      I am well aware of the Health Benifit problem. I myself have had no
      Medical Insurance for over 4 years. I paid my cobra and when it
      ended, I failed to continue with Kaiser, which I could have rolled
      over into with out an application. When i finally had the money to
      pay Kaiser, they denied me?
      I still want a list as I am curious as to whom just put in 5-7 years
      of service and then retires. I also support those that have
      dedicated long term service to WCCUSD.
      Oh and by the way I offered WCCUSD to pay my own insurance after 4
      years of working for them and was denied.

      Jill
      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, Tammera Campbell
      <tammeracampbell@...> wrote:

      > Jill,
      > I think we can assume that since we are about to get a new
      superintendent who will more than likely bring on his/her own people
      leads to the departure of many of our staff. The statement about a
      sinking ship is, I won't comment.

      > As for lifetime benefits, if you have been in public employees
      union for 5 years then yes you get the lifetime benefits. This is
      what is killing this district not to mention business across the
      US. Though I believe that our employees who have worked 15-20 years
      deserve a viable benefit package I would have to comment that it
      will bankrupt this district if health care costs continue as they
      are. The thing that sickens me the most in this country is that
      unions and companies are developing these every increasingly hostile
      relationships over benefits, when what we really need to understand
      is the root of the problem and tackle that issue - health care costs.
      > Tammy
      >
      > sunsetjill <sunsetjill@...> wrote: I am seeing a lot of
      administrators and other staff retire this year.
      > I would like to see a complete list of all retirements and if
      they
      > have qualified for lifetime benefits and their years of service
      with
      > WCCUSD.
      > It feels like a lot are jumping off the sinking ship.
      > Can someone forward this to a staff member, perhaps Ruth and let
      the
      > PUBLIC KNOW?
      > Thank You in Advance.
      >
      > Jill

      > Secondary
      school education Graduate
      school education Home school
      education
      Graduate school education
      online High school
      education Middle school
      education

      Service.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
        Jill,
        Under the old agreement you did not need to work for the district for five years, you just needed to be vested for five years with the public employees union. You could have come to our district worked a short time and gotten life time benefits. Frankly this was outrageous and needed to be addressed years ago.

        I am not sure that the district can release the retireee list of names, but Ruth Vedovelli would be the first person to check with regarding the number of retirees receiving benefits. I am at work right now and don't have those numbers in front of me.

        We will need to come back to the health benefit issues at the next budget advisory meeting. I will ask Ruth about specifics if employees can pay the rate from their own pocket and be covered.
        Thanks,