Retirements

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3 8:31 PM
      I am seeing a lot of administrators and other staff retire this year.
      I would like to see a complete list of all retirements and if they
      have qualified for lifetime benefits and their years of service with
      WCCUSD.
      It feels like a lot are jumping off the sinking ship.
      Can someone forward this to a staff member, perhaps Ruth and let the
      PUBLIC KNOW?
      Thank You in Advance.

      Jill
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4 6:58 AM
        Jill,
        I think we can assume that since we are about to get a new superintendent who will more than likely bring on his/her own people leads to the departure of many of our staff. The statement about a sinking ship is, I won't comment.

        As for lifetime benefits, if you have been in public employees union for 5 years then yes you get the lifetime benefits. This is what is killing this district not to mention business across the US. Though I believe that our employees who have worked 15-20 years deserve a viable benefit package I would have to comment that it will bankrupt this district if health care costs continue as they are. The thing that sickens me the most in this country is that unions and companies are developing these every increasingly hostile relationships over benefits, when what we really need to understand is the root of the problem and tackle that issue - health care costs.
        Tammy

        sunsetjill <sunsetjill@...> wrote: I am seeing a lot of administrators and other staff retire this year.
        I would like to see a complete list of all retirements and if they
        have qualified for lifetime benefits and their years of service with
        WCCUSD.
        It feels like a lot are jumping off the sinking ship.
        Can someone forward this to a staff member, perhaps Ruth and let the
        PUBLIC KNOW?
        Thank You in Advance.

        Jill

        Secondary school education Graduate school education Home school education Graduate school education online High school education Middle school education

        Tammera (Tammy) E. Campbell
        Pinole CARE
        Pinole Valley High Safety Chair
        Pinole Valley High School Boosters
        Pinole Middle School Site Council President
        Pinole Middle School Measure D Committee
        2668 Alhambra Way
        Pinole, CA 94564
        Home: 510-223-3857
        Work: 510-486-4460
        Fax: 510-222-4643
        Pager: 510-425-3192
        Email: Tammera.Campbell@...

        Following are contacts for other email lists to consider joining:
        Ellerhorst Elementary School: ellerhorst_etree@...
        Collins Elementary School: alisoncrooks@...
        Pinole Middle School: Tammera.Campbell@...
        Pinole Valley High School: mikewitz2@...
        Pinole CARE: parents@...
        WCCUSD Parent Forum: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4 7:37 AM
          Tammy,
          I am well aware of the Health Benifit problem. I myself have had no
          Medical Insurance for over 4 years. I paid my cobra and when it
          ended, I failed to continue with Kaiser, which I could have rolled
          over into with out an application. When i finally had the money to
          pay Kaiser, they denied me?
          I still want a list as I am curious as to whom just put in 5-7 years
          of service and then retires. I also support those that have
          dedicated long term service to WCCUSD.
          Oh and by the way I offered WCCUSD to pay my own insurance after 4
          years of working for them and was denied.

          Jill
          --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, Tammera Campbell
          <tammeracampbell@...> wrote:

          > Jill,
          > I think we can assume that since we are about to get a new
          superintendent who will more than likely bring on his/her own people
          leads to the departure of many of our staff. The statement about a
          sinking ship is, I won't comment.

          > As for lifetime benefits, if you have been in public employees
          union for 5 years then yes you get the lifetime benefits. This is
          what is killing this district not to mention business across the
          US. Though I believe that our employees who have worked 15-20 years
          deserve a viable benefit package I would have to comment that it
          will bankrupt this district if health care costs continue as they
          are. The thing that sickens me the most in this country is that
          unions and companies are developing these every increasingly hostile
          relationships over benefits, when what we really need to understand
          is the root of the problem and tackle that issue - health care costs.
          > Tammy
          >
          > sunsetjill <sunsetjill@...> wrote: I am seeing a lot of
          administrators and other staff retire this year.
          > I would like to see a complete list of all retirements and if
          they
          > have qualified for lifetime benefits and their years of service
          with
          > WCCUSD.
          > It feels like a lot are jumping off the sinking ship.
          > Can someone forward this to a staff member, perhaps Ruth and let
          the
          > PUBLIC KNOW?
          > Thank You in Advance.
          >
          > Jill

          > Secondary
          school education Graduate
          school education Home school
          education
          Graduate school education
          online High school
          education Middle school
          education

          Service.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4 12:37 PM
            Jill,
            Under the old agreement you did not need to work for the district for five years, you just needed to be vested for five years with the public employees union. You could have come to our district worked a short time and gotten life time benefits. Frankly this was outrageous and needed to be addressed years ago.

            I am not sure that the district can release the retireee list of names, but Ruth Vedovelli would be the first person to check with regarding the number of retirees receiving benefits. I am at work right now and don't have those numbers in front of me.

            We will need to come back to the health benefit issues at the next budget advisory meeting. I will ask Ruth about specifics if employees can pay the rate from their own pocket and be covered.
            Thanks,