Fwd: Traffic Mitigations

  • zoabird
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2006
      Subject: Traffic Mitigations
      Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:53:11 -0800
      From: "Karen Pinkos" <kpinkos@...-cerrito.ca.us> Add to Address
      Book Add Mobile Alert
      To: zoabird@...

      For your information, the City of El Cerrito had serious concerns
      about traffic related to the Kensington move to the Portola campus.
      Mitigations included the new traffic signal at Moeser Lane and
      Navellier Street and having the schools stagger their start and end
      times. The District provided a bus to transport students in order to
      help reduce the amount of additional traffic to that location, which
      as you may know is also the location of two other schools and near
      our Community Center, is on a steep hill, and is quite congested with
      pedestrian, bus and auto traffic during school times without the
      Kensington campus.

      The City does not have jurisdiction over the School District and
      therefore cannot require the District to do anything. However, we
      have been working closely with the District on all of the school
      construction within our City, and they have been very responsive.
      These traffic mitigations were agreed upon by both agencies in order
      to help make sure that the temporary move ran as smoothly as possible.

      Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply
      or contact me at the number below.

      Karen Pinkos
      Assistant to the City Manager
      City of El Cerrito