Re: Check out Leave No Child in California Behind Petition

  • Elizabeth Jaeger
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
      I would gladly sign a petition to revoke or seriously re-work NCLB,
      but I can't sign a petition to fully fund it. If we think things
      are bad now, I can only imagine the carnage if the law had even more
      money behind it. As an example, when SAIT teams come in, well-
      funded by the state, they can be even more dictatorial than NCLB-
      funded efforts are.

      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, ladyluvslife67@... wrote:

      > Hello List Members,
      > While petitions are not the most effective way to be heard, I
      found the
      > comments
      > of the people who signed it quite interesting.
      >

      > _Leave No Child in California Behind Petition_
      > (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/273105774?
      z00m=78488&z00m=78488)

    • ladyluvslife67
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
        Thanks Elizabeth for your most valuable teacher perspective.
        If more parents actually CARED what was going on in the classroom,
        then "No Child Left Behind" would be more than something that sounds
        very nice.

        And I was not encouraging folks to sign the petition,
        there were some very interesting comments made by folks who did and I
        thought that was appropriate to share with the list.

        AMEDINA