Check out Leave No Child in California Behind Petition

  • ladyluvslife67@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 12:15 PM
      Hello List Members,
      While petitions are not the most effective way to be heard, I found the
      comments
      of the people who signed it quite interesting.

      _Leave No Child in California Behind Petition_
      (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/273105774?z00m=78488&z00m=78488)

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 1:33 PM
        Thank You so much!!!!!! I have only had a few minutes to look at it,
        but find it very interesting. It's my opinion, though that WCCUSD
        has received a good deal of money for Title 1 and PI and only to
        waste it on CONSULTANTS :(

        Jill
        --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, ladyluvslife67@... wrote:

        > Hello List Members,
        > While petitions are not the most effective way to be heard, I
        found the
        > comments
        > of the people who signed it quite interesting.
        >

        > _Leave No Child in California Behind Petition_
        > (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/273105774?
        z00m=78488&z00m=78488)

      • ladyluvslife67
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 1:52 PM
          Hey Jill
          Your so Welcome!
          A few years ago, many teachers here were freaking about
          NCLB and what would happen to our kids in a district
          such as ours. I as a parent knew very little about
          this, and learned that most people were ignorant as
          well. Sadly, parents like you and I are a rarity.
          We speak up, ask questions, refuse to accept the
          "brush off" response to our concerns, and make
          great efforts to communicate what we have
          learned in our efforts to be "involved parents"

          I have a great article about parents like us
          "From Fund Raisers to Hell Raisers" More than
          happy to get you a copy. Its great.

          Most parents don't care what is going on at their
          kid's school. It is a sad fact.
          How we can change that?
          We can't

          But we can find a way to communicate with the
          parents who "want" to care, and for whatever
          reason have not been able to do so.

          Thanks Jill for your efforts with K-8,
          demanding that your rights be respected
          you are definetly inspiring others.

          AMEDINA

          -- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "sunsetjill" <sunsetjill@...> wrote:

          > Thank You so much!!!!!! I have only had a few minutes to look at
          it,
          > but find it very interesting. It's my opinion, though that WCCUSD
          > has received a good deal of money for Title 1 and PI and only to
          > waste it on CONSULTANTS :(
          >
          > Jill
          > --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, ladyluvslife67@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello List Members,
          > > While petitions are not the most effective way to be heard, I
          > found the
          > > comments
          > > of the people who signed it quite interesting.
          > >

          > > _Leave No Child in California Behind Petition_
          > > (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/273105774?
          > z00m=78488&z00m=78488)

        • Elizabeth Jaeger
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1 2:56 PM
            I would gladly sign a petition to revoke or seriously re-work NCLB,
            but I can't sign a petition to fully fund it. If we think things
            are bad now, I can only imagine the carnage if the law had even more
            money behind it. As an example, when SAIT teams come in, well-
            funded by the state, they can be even more dictatorial than NCLB-
            funded efforts are.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1 5:07 PM
              Thanks Elizabeth for your most valuable teacher perspective.
              If more parents actually CARED what was going on in the classroom,
              then "No Child Left Behind" would be more than something that sounds
              very nice.

              And I was not encouraging folks to sign the petition,
              there were some very interesting comments made by folks who did and I
              thought that was appropriate to share with the list.

              AMEDINA