One more note about our teacher before I rest

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21, 2006
      I would like to give credit where credit is due and name theese
      wonderfull teacher's:

      Mrs. Molly Mentzer- My son had her for Kindergarten. She did not
      allow parents in the class room when my own son had her. We could
      voulenteer with Art, science, and computer lab, but we never saw her
      teaching skills. I was amazed with how much she could cram into 3 and
      a half hours last year while working in her classroom. Everyone of
      her Kindergartner's could read, write and do math by the end of the
      year. She spends hours prepareing her material. It shows! I am
      thankfull for her.

      Mrs. Judy Sanders-First Grade Teacher. My son did not have her. I
      love theese little Bookworms we do to reward the children for reading
      books at home. Both Mrs. Sanders and Mrs. Mentzer have excellant
      skills on conflicts when the children have little spats. Mrs. Sanders
      take the time to listen to the children. This can be difficult even
      for myself at times. Mrs. Sanders is also well prepared and knows her
      daily schedule. I have to look at the wall every day to know the
      schedule. Mrs. Sanders also has packets so when children at different
      levels are finished with their work, they can quietly get a packet and
      get a star when they complete it.

      I also want to give credit to Mr. Ralph Baum, my son's 5th and 6th
      grade teacher. My son is young. He started Kindergarten a 4. His
      reading was not at a high level in his early years. He loves to read
      books now. He has to read at least a 300 hundred page book every
      month and give a report on it. I love to talk with him about the
      books he is reading. Last year as a 5th grader he need'd help on his
      State report. This year he typed up his entire country report himself
      and started way before the deadline. He has learned what his teacher
      expects from him. The vocabulary and spelling words he gives are from
      a college dictionary. I usually don't know what half of them mean.
      My son proudly uses the words in correct sentences.

      I once again could go on for hours. I would like to name all the
      Teacher's my son has had all of his years, but I don't have the time.
      However I would like to add the comment that I may not of been happy
      with all of them at the beginning of the semester, but by the time
      they had completed the school year I had seen my child grow and have
      been greatfull for their excellance in TEACHING.

      To Our Teachers!

      Jill Wolkenfeld