2005 Goals Achieved?

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2006
      The below goals are directly from the WCCUSD web site.

      Glen,

      If this district cares about the kids as you believe it does can you tell me
      at what Board Meeting were the below goals reviewed after the 2004- 2005
      school year to reflect upon whether the goals were achieved and if not how
      far off the goals were and what was to be done to help all those students
      who did not achieve the goals.

      I find it interesting that after 13 years on the board for Mr Ramsey and Ms
      Fenton and over six years on the board for yourself that in this mornings
      paper uniforms for the students were an answer for low achievement and
      better safety.

      Uniforms will do nothing to improve third grade reading levels unless there
      is improved teaching methods adn direct consequences for those educators
      that fail the students. If after thirteen years of leadership the best this
      board can come up with to succeed with the below goals is uniforms I see
      little hope for the students.

      When you answer this post please have ready the information needed as to the
      percentages met of each one of the below goals. The goals were set while Dr.
      Johnston was Superintendent and while Mr. Ramsey, Ms Fenton and yourself
      were on the Board. Therefore, I would think you would want to have an
      evaluation done to see how your promises were met to the students of this
      district. If promises were not met then I would think you would want to know
      why so you as a leader in this district could make the proper corrections to
      get the results promised, so the students could become participatory
      citizens, as the district mission statement asserts this district wants the
      students to become.

      Kevin

      Five Student Achievement Targets

      By 2005

      1. 90% of third graders will score at or above the proficient level as
      measured by the Grade Three California Standards Test in English Language
      Arts, which includes reading and writing.

      2. 100% of students will take and pass Algebra 1 by the end of Grade 10. By
      2005, 90% of all Algebra 1 students will score at or above the proficient
      level, as measured by the California Standards Test in Algebra 1.

      3. 50% of first time test takers will pass the English Language Arts and
      Math portions of the California High School Exit Examination .

      4. 90% of African American and Latino students will score at or above the
      proficient level, as measured by the California Standards Test in English
      Language Arts.

      5. 90% of African American and Latino students will score at or above the
      proficient level, as measured by the California Standards Test in
      Mathematics.