RE: [wccusdtalk] [Fwd: 2006-07 Academic Calendar]

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2006
      I see the strategic priorities listed below.

      Where can I go and see the end game? Where is the hard copy of the district
      of how these priorities play out? In other words where does the district
      have written things like, When our students graduate they will be able to
      fill out a job application, a resume, a college application, a bank check
      ledger, offer an employer and or a college the skills that will allow the
      student to advance to the next stage in their wage earning and or academic
      life to become self sufficient.

      In other words where is the accountability. If there is nothing on paper
      about the expected outcome than there is nothing to back up the strategic
      priorities. How can the district measure the success of the students if the
      district does not even know what the district expects the student to be
      capable of when the student graduates.

      Also, I am not looking for, the student will be a lifelong learner and an
      active member of society. Prisoners in San Quinton are lifelong learners and
      active members of society, just not the kind I want graduating from this
      district.

      Kevin