People-to-people help from Richmond

  • Marilyn Langlois
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2005
      Dear friends in the Richmond area--

      If you are able to offer temporary housing to hurricane survivors, you can
      go to

      http://www.craigslist.org
      and click on the link to "Katrina Relief".

      While housing is mostly needed closer to the disaster area, offers are being
      taken from outside that region, too, and they say it's better to have
      clusters of offers from places farther away.

      I've offered a room in my house on 32nd St. in Richmond and would love to
      have neighbors join me. Even if you can't provide housing, please spread
      the word. Many of you are probably helping in other ways, too.

      I'm happy to know so many caring and hospitible people in Richmond and West
      County--

      good wishes,
      Marilyn