Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: What did they do to the board packet?

    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 3, 2005
      Mike,

      Karen's, is the same attitude that was around 20 years ago and will be
      around in 20 years. As long as the public continues to feed the bureaucratic
      money pit and demand no accountability where the checks go then there is no
      need to stop the status quo.

      There will be another $400,000,000 dollar bond in September that will allow
      the sucking of money from this community out to other parts of the county
      and state even though our Board has demanded local hiring and purchasing.
      Tonight's meeting is once again guaranteeing through the Project Labor
      Agreement that the money continues to flow to those same people who are
      pulling our local tax dollars out of our district and this Board does
      nothing to stop it. But worse the community does nothing to stop our Board
      from doing it.

      Tonight the MRAD is once again being misused and Kilmartin knows it and the
      Board allows it to continue. The Board has no clue and chooses to ignore
      those of us that have history and two minutes in front of the Board is no
      challenge to the Staff's ability to whitewash the situation or cover up the
      illegalities that go on.

      I just shake my head every time I go by, the palaces the district is
      building across the district and think how much further the bond money could
      have gone if Gary Freschi had been in charge of how the money was spent.
      Gary knew the district inside and out and had a very conservative view on
      how to build the schools but then again the current friends of the Board
      would not have had a key to the lock of the Bond Gold Mine.

      So, "just let it go Mike." I have, for the most part, because for some
      reason this community does not mind ignorant graduates and giving away their
      money to a bureaucratic morass.

      Kevin

      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 3, 2005
        --Kevin:

        I didn't want to weigh in on those of you that are in trailer parks and an inch outside of the trailer park, because I knew you were sitting over there in your trailer with the most outdate computer one could use and I said, "why should he be happy with me responding to the "let it go" e-mail. If I leave the trailer people out, than he will have to crank up his old machine and start typing. So, you did represent the other voices, be they trailer or on the edge of the park. The bottom line is that your elected official seems content with "uninformed participation", or half listening to the voices of those that have a computer, while the majority of students in this district are in what they call "failing schools" with little or no parent participations. One would think they would be knocking on doors to provide information or hear from the majority. But, to do that they may have to stop the hiring of all the consultants (that they can not get information about salary and perks) and ripping of the tax dollars.

        So, Mr. Trailer, sorry for not addressing your needs, but I had to pull you out, because I am on a new mission to have the outdated computers somehow enter the information age, because if we hear what Karen has said, "it over", maybe someone will take the time from their job and send out an e-mail letter with the board information in it and we can forget all the downloading, or better yet we need to develop a drum system to send messages about the dates, time and agenda of the board.

        Hang on to the trailer, the wind has not stopped blowing.

        From: "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@...>

        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 3, 2005
          Alicia:

          It is sad that we must speak for the people when as Karen well know, (because she asked Andrea Sota, M4E and everyone she could to walk the streets of Richmond when she was running for office)that on line information will not get the message out. But how soon one forgets, but we will remember come election time.

          From: "alicat1967" <alicat1967@...>

          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 3, 2005
            Good idea, Scottie, you can get the Ebonics crowd to set up the drum
            signals, we can ask Mike Ali to get his Cherokee friends to send up smoke
            signals and I will get my relatives from the past to set up a Pony Express
            to send out the messages by mule. Lord knows after all the district taxes we
            can't afford horses anymore. Maybe we can get a donation of string and tin
            cans and have the students do a science experiment on old age communication
            techniques.

            Kevin

            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 3, 2005
              Karen-

              One aspect of this is that the District is _required_ by State law to
              provide a mailed out copy of the packet for those who request it. This
              can include a fee. I believe Kevin also dug up a still standing Board
              policy stating something like this.

              I would prefer that the online devlivery of packet information were
              better to make it easier to stay away from the mailed packet, but
              there has to be some provision for handling mailing out the packet.

              Charley Cowens

            • David Spade
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 3, 2005
                As proven in tonight's board meeting, board packets and agendas are a
                joke! So you know what? I don't care about receiving them. Just
                watching the circus.

                --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, Charley Cowens