Consultant Michael O'Neill & OPEN COURT

  • alicat1967
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
      Once again this man's name pops up while discussing
      a VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC - curriculum for our kids.

      Does this mean if the district quits using the OPEN
      COURT, Mr. O'Neill loses his job?
      Has ANYONE got a real answer to what exactly Michael
      O'Neil does besides boss our teachers around?

      This information has STILL not be put forth to the
      public and with funny money time all around, every single
      dollar needs to be looked at! Especially when our teachers
      have not put forth any positive feedback regarding Mr. Michael
      O'Neil. Perhaps he is not doing a good job and needs to be fired.

      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "alicat1967" <alicat1967@y...>
      wrote:
      Kevin,
      I wanted to continue this excellent thread about consultants
      because we did not use the disclaimer
      "No School Board, we do not think ALL consultants are bad"

      Whats bad is - NO REGULAR REPORT OF OUTCOMES
      Whats bad is - NOT USING THE EXCELLENT CONSULTANTS WE HAVE RIGHT HERE
      IN THE COMMUNITY
      OUR KIDS
      OUR TEACHERS
      OUR PARENTS
      OUR COMMUNITY MEMBERS

      Or the last of the beating hearts working for WCCUSD.
      I ran into a man named RUDY last nite.
      Rudy has worked for this district in school police services for
      almost 30 years. He was assigned to MY HIGH SCHO0L when I went.
      I don't know if he does any on campus work, but its people like
      him that we need to CONSULT about safety on our campuses and
      "thinking outside the box". Or our site supervisors! We have
      some really good ones that CARE ABOUT OUR KIDS!!! I met a very
      nice young man at Kennedy this summer who is a site supervisor.
      He blended right in with the kids -
      for a minute I thought he was one of the kids. He was talking to the
      kids and heading them to class.
      THESE are the folks that make a difference for our kids on our
      campuses.
      And the people that work the closest with our kids and treated the
      worst!
      While we continue to hand checks to people who have fancy slide
      shows, and go and tell our teachers how to teach our children while
      ignoring what the children have to say - not to mention ignoring the
      teachers, or even worse telling them they are "teaching" wrong.

      Maybey I will say YES consultants are bad
      if we aint using the ones we already got
      alicia

      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@h...>
      wrote:
      > I remember one Board meeting when the Board Ok'd another consultant
      contract
      > presented by the Super and one of the newest Board members,
      currently still
      > on the Board, said, "OK this time," but do not come to us for more
      money
      > until we see a report about what this consultant has done for our
      schools
      > and students.
      >
      > About two meetings later, same consultant, same Super, same Board,
      one of
      > our regular NAYSAYING parents gets up and says WHERE'S THE PLAN,
      WHERE'S THE
> [...]
      > >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [wccusdtalk] Re: Consultant Michael O'Neill
      > >Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:12:36 -0000
      > >
      > >Kevin,
      > >Sometimes it hurts to read your emails,
      > >but then again the truth does do that sometimes.
      > >
      > >I remember one of my first times speaking at
      > >PUBLIC COMMENT at a school board meeting.
      > >Told the board if there was good stuff
      > >going on - lets hear about it!
      > >That good news would do wonders and I
      > >would be the first one up on that podium
      > >shouting praises.
      > >
      > >We shut out the community
      > >ignore the kids - and encourage violence on school campuses
      > >(with our alarming safety issues)
      > >dishonor loyal teachers,
      > >view years of service to the district as if it were nothing,
      > >discourage good new teachers, and
      > >send teachers running to other districts even though they
      > >WANT to stay and teach our kids.
      > >
      > >We got schools full of free consultants on the high school
      campuses.
      > >Our kids
      > >
      > >My parent brain still screams for a report of outcomes,
      > >receipts, SOMETHING that the board looks at and says
      > >OK heres another check.
      > >Is that wrong?
      > >

      > >--- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@h...>
      > >wrote:
      > > > My Dear Alicia,
      > > >
      > > > We have to pay these consultants and administrators the big
      bucks
      > >or we will
      > > > lose them to other districts that will pay them more. Have not
      you
      > >heard
      > > > that message loud and clear from our School Board.
      > > >
      > > > $150,000 or more for a good consultant to show our ignorant
      > >classroom
      > > > teachers how to better teach the children in the classroom is
      money
      > >well
      > > > spent. To pay the administrators down at Bissell the big bucks,
      > >give each of
      > > > them a phone, secretaries and working copy machines and
      computers
      > >at their
      > > > desks and the desks of their secretaries and housing allowances
      and
      > >car
      > > > allowances and gas cards and cell phones, so the administrators
      can
      > >better
      > > > review the consultants credentials so the ignorant teachers in
      the
      > > > classrooms will be supported to teach the children better,
      makes a
      > >lot of
      > > > sense to this ignorant parent.
      > > >
      > > > You have got to get off your high horse, Alicia, and understand
      > >these
      > > > teachers in the classrooms need the great wisdom and guidance
      > >provided by
      > > > the high priced consultants hired by the administrators at
      Bissell
      > >and the
      > > > sooner you and others like myself understand, that by adding
      more
      > >money to
      > > > the high paid consultants and administrators, the result will be
      > >better
      > > > learning in the classroom, the better off the children will be.
      > > >
      > > > I wish the ignorant teachers in the classrooms would give up 2%
      of
      > >their pay
      > > > and donate it to the administration for better consultants
      because
      > >if you
      > > > believe the Board and Central Administration it was the bold
      > >innovative
      > > > leadership from 1108 Bissell over the last 6 years that turned
      the
      > >education
      > > > in the classrooms around and the teachers better realize this
      and
      > >start
      > > > donating their earnings to the, new Superintendents Pay Check
      pot,
      > >so this
      > > > district can pony up a new contract that will attract the best
      and
      > >the
      > > > brightest Super so when she or he comes to town there will be
      > >plenty of
      > > > money to higher that new Superintendents friends to consult the
      > >ignorant
      > > > classroom teachers in how the next new WORLD CLASS EDUCATION
      SYSTEM
      > >is going
      > > > to be delivered in this district and the children will once
      again
      > >benefit
      > > > from the wisdom and leadership coming from 1108 Bissell as the
      > >teachers are
      > > > shown the proper way to educate our children.
      > > >
      > > > Kevin

      MEMBERS
      SALARY AND

      > >mill

      > >exactly

      > >sessions
      > >voluntary

      > >students

      > >O'Neill
      > >PI 4

      Program

      > >one

      Board

      > >same

      > >sessions
      > >voluntary

      --- End forwarded message ---
    • alicat1967
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2005

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2005
          --Alica:

          You have said it all in both of your emails, but we will wait for the "Song Board to Sing" and if the tune continues to the same old song, we need to move to the next level, which I will do in ten days (10).

          From: "alicat1967" <alicat1967@...>