Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: Fwd: Board meeting update

    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 1, 2005
      Fascinating!!!!!!!!!

      Having sat on many committees that have never gone anywhere I see another
      being formed in a vacuum which leads me to believe a lot of time will be
      lost once again and the students will once again lose years of their
      education while the adults play the game of "That was a wonderful meeting.
      We sure accomplished a lot."

      The teachers and the students in the classrooms will keep teaching and
      learning to the latest consultant driven educational modality and when a new
      Superintendent is brought on board who does not agree with or has other
      consultants that he or she would rather use than all of the efforts put
      forth by this NEW curriculum committee will be put aside.

      In my opinion either, the curriculum and or the new roadway to, a World
      Class Education, must be paved before the selection of a Superintendent and
      then the Superintendent would be brought on board to implement the new way
      of educating WCCUSD students or the new Superintendent is brought on board
      and then guides the curriculum committee as he or she sees the future of the
      education in WCCUSD. Without a clear direction before selecting the new
      Superintendent there will surely be problems for the person hired to lead
      WCCUSD.

      It is my belief that there has never been a clearly defined path, before
      action has been taken, in this district, for the education of the students
      of this district. That is why, in my opinion, education has been a ship
      without a rudder and whomever grabs the helm on the ship they think are
      stirring the ship, when in reality the ship is merely following the current,
      in a meandering drift, leaving the majority of the students with an
      education that has left 2/3rds of the students without the knowledge needed
      to succeed in higher education.

      Now is the time to stop this malfeasance and create a rudder that all can
      grab hold of and bring back education to this district that will cultivate
      and nurture the minds of our students so they can develop the type of minds
      that created the great country that the students now live in. Then the
      students of today can go on and be the next generation to improve on what
      has been created by the previous educated minds and lay down the next stones
      in the foundation of their country.

      Kevin

      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 3, 2005
        --Kevin and others:

        I will not address this issues much, only because when I came to this district many many moons ago, they were pushing something call "whole language" and back then I spoke out and said "one size does not fit all students and that teachers should be allowed to teach in the best interest of their students. So, when the high paid consultants came out and told the leadership what parents and teachers had already told them, they listen to the consultants. Therefore, we need to get our own group of highly paid consultant to advocate for teachers and parents. I am ready to join that group and I know some great teachers that have retire or need to make a few extra bucks that would really have the best interest of the students in mind. But, we have a problem, how do we get paid? Because as my mother would say "why buy a cow, when you can get the milk free", and that is what many of us do, volunteer or time and knowledge, only to be dismissed by the powers that be, because we are not making them pay.

        From: Cathy Travlos <cbt@...>