Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: Fwd: Board meeting update

    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 1, 2005
      Karen-

      I would side with Satan on this one. This is supposed to be a Board
      subcommittee, so I think keeping the formal membership stripped down
      to the normal minimum makes sense irrespective of expertise. On the
      other hand, you want this to be a particularly open subcommittee, so
      for now why don't you just make more of an effort to publicize your
      meetings and your activiites and include interested parties in the
      email loop.

      By the way, who exactly is on the Facilities Subcommittee beside the
      two Board members?

      Charley Cowens

      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 3, 2005
        --Kevin and others:

        I will not address this issues much, only because when I came to this district many many moons ago, they were pushing something call "whole language" and back then I spoke out and said "one size does not fit all students and that teachers should be allowed to teach in the best interest of their students. So, when the high paid consultants came out and told the leadership what parents and teachers had already told them, they listen to the consultants. Therefore, we need to get our own group of highly paid consultant to advocate for teachers and parents. I am ready to join that group and I know some great teachers that have retire or need to make a few extra bucks that would really have the best interest of the students in mind. But, we have a problem, how do we get paid? Because as my mother would say "why buy a cow, when you can get the milk free", and that is what many of us do, volunteer or time and knowledge, only to be dismissed by the powers that be, because we are not making them pay.

        From: Cathy Travlos <cbt@...>