RE: [wccusdtalk] military recruiting letter

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2005
      While it seems that the District wants to be transparent in what letters
      parents have available to them to make choices for their children I believe
      it would be appropriate to put the condom notification letter on the
      District web site as well.

      Many parents are not aware of the free distribution of condoms to high
      school students and how they can opt out of that program if the parent so
      desires.

      It would also be of interest to let parents know that their daughters can be
      counseled without parental notification of abortion services from the
      schools.

      If we are truly worried about our childen's welfare and the role the parent
      can play in that endeavor, than let's show all the opt out options for
      parents, which if the parents do not opt out, that inaction becomes an
      assumed, acquiescence on the parent's part.

      Kevin