Re: Fwd: FW: [wccusdtalk] Request Mailing of Board Packet

  • alicat1967
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2005
      Do you know if Mr. O'Neil works for the Stupski Foundation?

      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@h...>
      wrote:
      > Mike O'Neil is a consultant friend of Gloria. Getting big bucks to
      > facilitate meetings and trainings.
      >

      > >From: Rebecca Hazlewood <rah_tax@s...>
      > >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: Re: Fwd: FW: [wccusdtalk] Request Mailing of Board
      Packet
      > >Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 17:50:14 -0700 (PDT)
      > >
      > >Who is Mike O'Neil?
      > >
      > >Rebecca
      > >
      > >rcs101@a... wrote:
      > >
      > >--Glen:
      > >
      > >All I am asking is for simple information.
      > >
      > >1. I would like a copy of the Board packet sent to my home
      address. Now,
      > >What do I have to do as a Tax paying member of this district to
      get the
      > >School Board Agenda package?
      > >
      > >2. How many years has Mike O'Neil worked for the district and in
      what
      > >capacity? And a breakdown on his salary and benfits each year?
      > >
      > >Scottie Smith
      > >

      > >-------------- Original message from "alicat1967" : --------------
      > >

      > > > Glen,
      > > > Thank you for posting that.
      > > > As a parent who is ready to have her Internet service shut off
      due
      > > > to non-payment, the info on where to get a puter is very
      appreciated
      > > > but still would not "bridge the local digital divide".
      > > >
      > > > I go to the district office and read the board packet. I get
      the
      > > > info about costs just as Dr. Johnston has told us time and
      time and
      > > > time again how expensive it is to mail a letter to the parents.
      > > >
      > > > Why can't we get past this petty stuff to get the people the
      > > > information they need? We never know just how the community
      could
      > > > rise to the occasion if we do not use this technology to find
      out.

      > > > I need to go find my message with the suggestion that any
      person who
      > > > calle the district office and gave them their name and address
      could
      > > > be part of a valuable outreach list for our Community
      Engagement
      > > > person if the district indeed wants to try and engage the
      community.

      > > > My email never got answered - just as Scottie's still has not
      either.

      > > > --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, Glen Price wrote:
      > > > Greetings Scottie!
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for your email message.
      > > >
      > > > I am just back in the office after a full work day and
      attending the
      > > > Adult
      > > > Ed graduation.
      > > >
      > > > Please find below a message that I sent you on April 3
      regarding the
      > > > costs
      > > > of mailing board packets.
      > > >
      > > > I am copying this message to Ruth Vedovelli and asking for
      detail on
      > > > total
      > > > remuneration for Michael O¹Neil. I¹ll forward this to you as
      soon as
      > > > receive it. I apologize for the delay.
      > > >

      > > > Best wishes,
      > > >
      > > > Glen Price
      > > > President, WCCUSD

      Friday

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 7, 2005
        --Well thank you Board member Kevin.
        I had wished for more information, other than what I am hearing, that is, Mr. Alligator shoes or Mr. Amante suit is an illusionist that is training teachers at a price tag that would make the average parent or community member sick. I would hope that Glen would be able to clarify some of the rumors about the waste of taxpayers money for a consultant that only add a wishful fashion show to otherwise poorly paid teachers at their in-services. But it appears that correct, timely information about duties and salaries take sometime for this district to produce for the public, like the strategic plan, it will be developed over and over again and when the administrators can't come up with a working one - the leadership turns and ask the business community and lastly the parent community to help them do their job.

        I hate to beat a dead horse, but "WHERE IS THE PLAN THAT THIS DISTRICT IS USING TO EDUCATE STUDENTS AND SUPPORT TEACHERS? ALSO, WHY IS IT THAT A NEW ONE MUST BE WRITTEN, AND WHY NOT REVISE THE OLD ONE, TWO OR THREE?

        Scottie Smith

        -------------- Original message from "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@...>: --------------