Fwd: June 2 Community Forums

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      Attention all community members: A friendly reminder that tomorrow, June
      2, the district will hold its second round of community forums as part of a
      continuing series:

      What: "Planting the Seeds of Meaningful Improvement" Community Forums
      When: Thursday, June 2, 7-9 p.m.
      Where: Hercules High School multi-purpose room; Kennedy High School
      multi-purpose room
      Who: For all members of the West Contra Costa community

      The purpose of these forums is:
      > To begin engaging our community in meaningful improvement of our
      district for our children and young people.
      > To ask questions about your expectations and hopes.
      > To generate meaningful ways to involve our entire community.

      Members of the Strategic Plan (SP) Core team will serve as large- and
      small-group facilitators. The SP Core Team is a group of about 40
      community and district representatives who have been recruited by the
      School Board and the Superintendent of Schools. Facilitation teams for
      Thursday's forums are:

      Hercules High School
      Lead Facilitator, English: Gail Mendes, United Teachers of Richmond
      Lead Facilitator, Spanish: Janet Ceja-Orozco, Parent
      Team:
      Susan Wittenberg, The Ed. Fund
      Cathy Garza, Bayside Council of PTAs
      Tom Waller, Y2 Marketing
      Megan McTiernan, Academic Intervention
      Brandon Krueger, Human Resources

      Kennedy High School
      > Lead Facilitator, English: Roger Fahr, Grants Office
      > Lead Facilitators, Spanish: Antonio Medrano, Concilio Latino, and Marin
      Trujillo, Community Engagement
      Team:
      Robert Ellis, United Teachers of Richmond
      Emily Vaughn-Henry, Accountability Information Technology Systems
      Paul Ehara, Communications and Community Engagement
      Stephen Bell, Community Advisory Committee for Special Education

      You may download the Community Forum flyer from:
      <http://www.wccusd.k12.ca.us/strategicplan/index.htm>http://www.wccusd.k12.ca.us/strategicplan/index.htm

      We strongly encourage you to help us spread the word about tomorrow's June
      2nd Community Forums. Please help us distribute the flier via your already
      existing networks. Your help in spreading this information will make this
      a successful event.

      Thank you!