RE: [wccusdtalk] Re: BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE MEETINGS WHERE?

    Message 1 of 11 , May 6, 2005
      Alicia,

      I am here for the ride and to hopefully make a difference for the Special
      Needs Kids (CAC) of the district concerning the schools being built in with
      the bond monies. I wish I could take most of the credit but since the CAC
      has been allowed a seat at the table some issues that might not have been
      addressed have come to the forefront mostly due to the Herculean efforts of
      our current CAC chairwoman (I refuse to be politically correct) Gretchen
      Borg who single handedly has gone through the elementary schools and found
      out many of the problems needed to be addressed in the new bond program for
      special needs kids.

      I could have raised the same issues that you bring up below but Lynette
      warned me long ago that my cynicism and continued bitching was turning
      people off and so I am picking my battles more carefully and hoping people
      other than myself will ask the questions that really do not matter in the
      grander scheme of things.

      Considering, in my several months of being on the CBOC, there have only been
      a couple of times people from the public have shown up I did not consider
      this one of the battles I wanted to pursue. Those that read this forum and
      are interested in attending will know what night and time to leave available
      for the CBOC meeting and I will post the meeting place as soon as I get it
      so those interested will be able to attend.

      I hope this long winded response has not bored you.

      Kevin

    • alicat1967
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 12, 2005
        Oh wait - no its not.
        Mr. Rivard - I'm extremely disapppointed, thought this had
        been ironed on with responsibility, chain of command, getting
        the documents to Tech Futures. Who do we contact at the
        district? Is it Bill Savidge?
        Please - as a member of the subcommittee for the website
        find out what is it going to take to ensure this stays
        updated AS AGREED by Tech Futures.
        Oh, and I have to ask you when the next CBOC mtg is,
        since its not on the website.
        Thx
        amedina

        --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "alicat1967" <ladyluvslife@c...>
        wrote:
        The meetings page has been updatd from 2003 to the curent year!!!

        I haven't checked out the rest of the site, just wanted to get the
        link on this list so people can check it out if they want and ask
        questions of good old Mr. Rivard. CBOC member.

        Going to read the minutes of the last meetings

        http://www.wccusd-bond-oversight.com/
        --- End forwarded message ---
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 12, 2005
          Alicia,

          Why worry about the website?

          Ask your Board Members about why the Audit is a year behind.

          Talk about a joke.

          And they want the community to trust them with $400 million more.

          You can't even get the media interested.

          My gums are tired of flapping. If the community wants to keep giving this
          district Bond money with the way this district accounts for their actions
          then I say more power to the Board in getting the community to open their
          wallets.

          I am very happy with the way Mr. Savidge is responding to the Special Ed
          needs which is who I represent on the oversight committee.

          Kevin

          >From: "alicat1967" <alicat1967@...>
          >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com,ellen@...
          >Subject: [wccusdtalk] BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE WEBSITE IS UPDATED!!
          >Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:59:10 -0000
          >
          >Oh wait - no its not.
          >Mr. Rivard - I'm extremely disapppointed, thought this had
          >been ironed on with responsibility, chain of command, getting
          >the documents to Tech Futures. Who do we contact at the
          >district? Is it Bill Savidge?
          >Please - as a member of the subcommittee for the website
          >find out what is it going to take to ensure this stays
          >updated AS AGREED by Tech Futures.
          >Oh, and I have to ask you when the next CBOC mtg is,
          >since its not on the website.
          >Thx
          >amedina
          >

          >--- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "alicat1967" <ladyluvslife@c...>
          >wrote:
          >The meetings page has been updatd from 2003 to the curent year!!!
          >
          >I haven't checked out the rest of the site, just wanted to get the
          >link on this list so people can check it out if they want and ask
          >questions of good old Mr. Rivard. CBOC member.
          >
          >Going to read the minutes of the last meetings
          >

          >http://www.wccusd-bond-oversight.com/
          >--- End forwarded message ---

        • Alicia Pohl
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 13, 2005
            Kevin,
            First - kudos to Bill Savidge! Thank you for sharing that
            info. These folks hear plenty when things are not going
            right - they need all the compliments they deserve.

            THUD!
            (sound of me dropping the dead horse I am beating)
            The website is worthless - and if West County actually
            approves the bond measure, let us ask
            what happened to the parcel tax exemption for
            seniors? How long ago since the last bond measure
            was approved? So many lies were told to our seniors
            where I live, and NO EXEMPTION.
            And if the bond measure is approved
            let us realize
            no one is listening - and no one is paying attention.
            And that is when our kids monies seem to disappear.

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 13, 2005
              Now Alicia, I never said they, the administration, lied.

              I was accused yesterday of misleading the people by someone very high up in
              the administration at Bissell.

              I was asking questions and have not said anything publicly, yet by simply
              asking questions, trying to get information, trying to ascertain for my own
              information to get the facts straight I was accused of being misleading.

              This is how the intimidation starts. This administration, as with past
              administration, attempts to intimidate first, then discredit the messenger
              second and finally when they cannot do either they go to court or the media
              and put on a full court press, with their spin, pardon the pun.

              I was not the one who said that Lavonnya DeJean could be built for $17
              million and then had the price go to almost $50. I was not the one who said
              all the schools could be rebuilt or renovated for less than $500 million and
              now the cost is at least $1.3 billion. I was not the one who allowed the
              Contra Costa Building Trades Association (Unions) to write their own Project
              Labor Agreement with the District and then have the Board vote to make that
              the law of the West Contra Costa Schools building program hindering
              competition as stated by their own consultant at one of our Bond Oversight
              meetings, but I am the one who was accused of misleading the public
              yesterday by a district administrator.

              So the slick brochures will come out, the intimidation will go on, the
              prices will escalate, due to outside economic forces as well as some
              district installed economic forces and the voters will be made to feel they
              have no option other than punishing the poor kids of our district if they
              do not vote to give more money to the district's escalating building plan.

              This has been the tactic and will continue to be the tactic of all public
              entities, whether they be city councils, county, state or federal.
              Intimidation, guilt trips and lack of accountability, and the beat goes on.

              Kevin

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 13, 2005
                Dear Kevin,
                Thank You! Thank You!
                I ask the same questions, but not to the admiinistration.
                Please don't back down, some of us are listening!

                I am off to take my son to Soccer practice, then I will attend the
                K-8 committee meeting...oops I forgot dinner...guess it's fast food.
                **SIGH**
                Good Lord, I hope my son gets picked up from practice by his
                father.....
                I will write later, but please keep up the GOOD WORK KEVIN!

                Jill