RE: [wccusdtalk] BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE WEBSITE IS UPDATED!!

    Message 1 of 11 , May 4 9:51 AM
      Alicia,

      The Bond Oversight Committee (BOC) meetings are now listed on the BOC site,
      now the only problem is we are no longer meeting at the 1300 Potrero Avenue,
      Richmond, CA 94804 address. At the last BOC meeting we were told the
      meetings will now be held at different schools that are in the Bond program
      to allow the BOC to view the sites. We have yet to be told where the next
      meeting will be so it will be a get in your car and be ready to roll where
      ever we are told to go. Hopefully, the BOC members will be told at least the
      day before via e-mail so we have enough time to Mapquest the easiest way to
      get to where ever we are going.

      It is nice to see the money finally paying off in that the information on
      the BOC website is finally becoming current.

      Oh. and about your comment wondering who is making the decision about who's
      pot of Maintenance Recreation Assessment District (MRAD) money is being
      raided for the soccer field at Sheldon and who is making that decision, your
      guess is as good as mine. I think it is outrageous that in April the Board
      can approve the expenditure of MRAD funds at a Board meeting without any
      sort of menu or budget for the $5,200,000 and then during the year someone
      downtown can decide how to spend that money and then go out to the School
      Site Councils (SSC's) and say this is how we want you to spend the money and
      force it upon the SSC's.

      If downtown says this is not how it happened then show me last year's MRAD
      budget dated April 2004 where the soccer field for Sheldon was shown as a
      budget item or for that matter where was the field in the 2005 MRAD budget.
      Where in any SSC minutes is there a reference to this soccer field with the
      expenditures of the lumped together R-9 and MRAD funds and which SSC's in
      their minutes agreed to giving up their pot of MRAD funds to lump it
      together for this project.

      Will the Board demand such accountability. I doubt it, they never have
      before.

      No one will ask because no one wants to make anyone accountable, just like
      the TIIG funds, Title 1 funds and so on. If the question is not asked then
      there is plausible deniability, just as within any bureaucratic
      organization. Of course those of us that do pose the questions are just
      called naysayers or worse.

      Alicia, keep asking the questions and I will ask them at the BOC meetings
      and report what I am told but do not expect answers that require
      accountability.

      I will wait to see the minutes for the SSC's but my face is already turning
      blue.

      Kevin

      >From: "alicat1967" <ladyluvslife@...>
      >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [wccusdtalk] BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE WEBSITE IS UPDATED!!
      >Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 08:39:24 -0000
      >
      >The meetings page has been updatd from 2003 to the curent year!!!
      >
      >I haven't checked out the rest of the site, just wanted to get the
      >link on this list so people can check it out if they want and ask
      >questions of good old Mr. Rivard. CBOC member.
      >
      >Going to read the minutes of the last meetings
      >

      >http://www.wccusd-bond-oversight.com/

    • alicat1967
      Message 2 of 11 , May 5 11:49 PM
        Ok Mr. Rivard,
        You must know the process on how to get that changed on the site.
        As I read, the documents must be delivered to Tech Futures in a
        certain format and if they have to convert those documents to put on
        the site, that is an extra charge.
        There is a part of that proposal that is too OPEN ENDED for comfort.
        The part about the chain of command on the passing of the data to
        Tech Futures.
        And Emily Vaughn-Henry? I read Feb was her first meeting. How is
        she going to figure in it? If that website falls behind again do we
        call her?
        Thanks

        --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@h...>

        Message 3 of 11 , May 6 9:37 AM
          Alicia,

          I think first the school site where the next Citizens Bond Oversight
          Committee (CBOC) meeting is going to be held needs to be chosen. That has
          yet to be done as far as I know. Once that first step is done then someone
          who made that decision needs to get in touch with the web mistress and give
          that information to her. In an acceptable format, I presume. Then the web
          mistress needs to get it on the CBOC website and hopefully all members of
          the CBOC will have access to the web and monitor the site to find out where
          the new meeting location will be.

          Then, hopefully, any interested member of the public will somehow find out
          that the CBOC meetings are now mobile and are not going to be in a
          stationary place any more and will have access to the web and find out about
          this new policy that was not announced anywhere where the general public
          might hear about the new policy. Sorry for the run on sentance.

          So once again this district in attempting to do something that on the face
          of it sounds good might actually stifle public involvement, unintentionally.

          Message 4 of 11 , May 6 2:52 PM
            Kevin,
            Thanks so much for getting this out there.
            This is VERY wrong.

            So the floating aorund of the CBOC meetings, was that one of
            those "oh by the way it was decided" things, or were the members
            even asked? Is it going to be reported at the school board meeting?
            Would this not be a violation of the laws of public right to know
            regarding open public meetings dealing with the spending of public
            monies?

            Or is my parent brain on overdrive again?

            Message 5 of 11 , May 6 3:27 PM
              Alicia,

              I am here for the ride and to hopefully make a difference for the Special
              Needs Kids (CAC) of the district concerning the schools being built in with
              the bond monies. I wish I could take most of the credit but since the CAC
              has been allowed a seat at the table some issues that might not have been
              addressed have come to the forefront mostly due to the Herculean efforts of
              our current CAC chairwoman (I refuse to be politically correct) Gretchen
              Borg who single handedly has gone through the elementary schools and found
              out many of the problems needed to be addressed in the new bond program for
              special needs kids.

              I could have raised the same issues that you bring up below but Lynette
              warned me long ago that my cynicism and continued bitching was turning
              people off and so I am picking my battles more carefully and hoping people
              other than myself will ask the questions that really do not matter in the
              grander scheme of things.

              Considering, in my several months of being on the CBOC, there have only been
              a couple of times people from the public have shown up I did not consider
              this one of the battles I wanted to pursue. Those that read this forum and
              are interested in attending will know what night and time to leave available
              for the CBOC meeting and I will post the meeting place as soon as I get it
              so those interested will be able to attend.

              I hope this long winded response has not bored you.

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 12, 2005
                Oh wait - no its not.
                Mr. Rivard - I'm extremely disapppointed, thought this had
                been ironed on with responsibility, chain of command, getting
                the documents to Tech Futures. Who do we contact at the
                district? Is it Bill Savidge?
                Please - as a member of the subcommittee for the website
                find out what is it going to take to ensure this stays
                updated AS AGREED by Tech Futures.
                Oh, and I have to ask you when the next CBOC mtg is,
                since its not on the website.
                Thx
                amedina

                --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "alicat1967" <ladyluvslife@c...>
                wrote:
                The meetings page has been updatd from 2003 to the curent year!!!

                I haven't checked out the rest of the site, just wanted to get the
                link on this list so people can check it out if they want and ask
                questions of good old Mr. Rivard. CBOC member.

                Going to read the minutes of the last meetings

                http://www.wccusd-bond-oversight.com/
                --- End forwarded message ---
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 12, 2005
                  Alicia,

                  Why worry about the website?

                  Ask your Board Members about why the Audit is a year behind.

                  Talk about a joke.

                  And they want the community to trust them with $400 million more.

                  You can't even get the media interested.

                  My gums are tired of flapping. If the community wants to keep giving this
                  district Bond money with the way this district accounts for their actions
                  then I say more power to the Board in getting the community to open their
                  wallets.

                  I am very happy with the way Mr. Savidge is responding to the Special Ed
                  needs which is who I represent on the oversight committee.

                  Kevin

                  >From: "alicat1967" <alicat1967@...>
                  >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com,ellen@...
                  >Subject: [wccusdtalk] BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE WEBSITE IS UPDATED!!
                  >Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:59:10 -0000
                  >
                  >Oh wait - no its not.
                  >Mr. Rivard - I'm extremely disapppointed, thought this had
                  >been ironed on with responsibility, chain of command, getting
                  >the documents to Tech Futures. Who do we contact at the
                  >district? Is it Bill Savidge?
                  >Please - as a member of the subcommittee for the website
                  >find out what is it going to take to ensure this stays
                  >updated AS AGREED by Tech Futures.
                  >Oh, and I have to ask you when the next CBOC mtg is,
                  >since its not on the website.
                  >Thx
                  >amedina
                  >

                  >--- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "alicat1967" <ladyluvslife@c...>
                  >wrote:
                  >The meetings page has been updatd from 2003 to the curent year!!!
                  >
                  >I haven't checked out the rest of the site, just wanted to get the
                  >link on this list so people can check it out if they want and ask
                  >questions of good old Mr. Rivard. CBOC member.
                  >
                  >Going to read the minutes of the last meetings
                  >

                  >http://www.wccusd-bond-oversight.com/
                  >--- End forwarded message ---

                • Alicia Pohl
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 13, 2005
                    Kevin,
                    First - kudos to Bill Savidge! Thank you for sharing that
                    info. These folks hear plenty when things are not going
                    right - they need all the compliments they deserve.

                    THUD!
                    (sound of me dropping the dead horse I am beating)
                    The website is worthless - and if West County actually
                    approves the bond measure, let us ask
                    what happened to the parcel tax exemption for
                    seniors? How long ago since the last bond measure
                    was approved? So many lies were told to our seniors
                    where I live, and NO EXEMPTION.
                    And if the bond measure is approved
                    let us realize
                    no one is listening - and no one is paying attention.
                    And that is when our kids monies seem to disappear.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 13, 2005
                      Now Alicia, I never said they, the administration, lied.

                      I was accused yesterday of misleading the people by someone very high up in
                      the administration at Bissell.

                      I was asking questions and have not said anything publicly, yet by simply
                      asking questions, trying to get information, trying to ascertain for my own
                      information to get the facts straight I was accused of being misleading.

                      This is how the intimidation starts. This administration, as with past
                      administration, attempts to intimidate first, then discredit the messenger
                      second and finally when they cannot do either they go to court or the media
                      and put on a full court press, with their spin, pardon the pun.

                      I was not the one who said that Lavonnya DeJean could be built for $17
                      million and then had the price go to almost $50. I was not the one who said
                      all the schools could be rebuilt or renovated for less than $500 million and
                      now the cost is at least $1.3 billion. I was not the one who allowed the
                      Contra Costa Building Trades Association (Unions) to write their own Project
                      Labor Agreement with the District and then have the Board vote to make that
                      the law of the West Contra Costa Schools building program hindering
                      competition as stated by their own consultant at one of our Bond Oversight
                      meetings, but I am the one who was accused of misleading the public
                      yesterday by a district administrator.

                      So the slick brochures will come out, the intimidation will go on, the
                      prices will escalate, due to outside economic forces as well as some
                      district installed economic forces and the voters will be made to feel they
                      have no option other than punishing the poor kids of our district if they
                      do not vote to give more money to the district's escalating building plan.

                      This has been the tactic and will continue to be the tactic of all public
                      entities, whether they be city councils, county, state or federal.
                      Intimidation, guilt trips and lack of accountability, and the beat goes on.

                      Kevin

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 13, 2005
                        Dear Kevin,
                        Thank You! Thank You!
                        I ask the same questions, but not to the admiinistration.
                        Please don't back down, some of us are listening!

                        I am off to take my son to Soccer practice, then I will attend the
                        K-8 committee meeting...oops I forgot dinner...guess it's fast food.
                        **SIGH**
                        Good Lord, I hope my son gets picked up from practice by his
                        father.....
                        I will write later, but please keep up the GOOD WORK KEVIN!

                        Jill