Safety meeting

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2005
      I was attending the Citizens Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) meeting last
      night from 5:30 to 8:30.

      Did anyone attend the safety meeting at Pinole High that could give a recap?

      By the way, MRAD funds are being used in ways that will cut back on the
      availability of MRAD funds that were to go to your school site. Much the
      same way TIIG funding and Title 1 funding is being diverted by the Central
      Administration for district programs rather than site programs. I realize no
      on seems to care but I just wanted to bring it to your attention so some
      could not plead ignorance in the future. An example is $170,000 from MRAD is
      being proposed for a soccer field at Sheldon. Some schools will have to
      forgo their annual MRAD funding to subsidize that payment in my opinion.

      Thank you.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2005
        Kevin-

        I was there for the whole thing, at least physically. I found it to be
        strange since there was no real package at all available online before
        the study session. Once I arrived there, the crowd seemed mostly to be
        a Local One supporting crowd and not quite as packed with other people
        as I expected, but there was still a good attendance. In starting up,
        the main point seemed to be to lavish as much as praise as possible on
        Pinole officials. The discussion was divided into two separate topics,
        safety stuff and personnel reorganization. The safety stuff part
        involved presentations listed in the agenda. The reorg part involved
        duelling plans from Local One and the staff. In the meeting there was
        no attempt to formally define what the problem to be solved was as a
        first step in either case. I know these things have been talked about
        a lot before, but I think not everyone has been part of the same
        discussion. In the second half, Local One plan's key point was that
        they could have more bodies at a price less than the sheriff's plan
        presented before by $250K (still an increase overall though). The
        staff presentation involve 4 scenarios ranging from 600K to 2,000K in
        required extra funding and claimed that the Local One plan would
        actually cost 2,400K in extra funding for next year. So, at the May
        4th meeting, both side will have new plans.

        I don't have time to get into the interesting Board comments right
        now, but I thought I'd ask you about a question Karen Fenton had about
        whether POST training was reimbursable by the State POST agency and
        thus a solution for the training needs of the existing department. The
        WCCUSD chief said that funding wasn't always available and that
        somehow it wasn't enough.

        Charley Cowens

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2005
          Charley,

          Karen Fenton has been a board member since 1994. The District Police Audit
          was conducted in 2001. One of the recommendations was "establish a revolving
          fund for training which will be replenished by reimbursement from POST
          various courses." Karen was a Board Member before, during and after the
          audit and still is and why she has asking questions like this when she has
          been privy to that information for over four years now is beyond me. Why she
          and her other two colleagues, Price and Ramsey who were Board Members
          before, during and after the very same audit have sat on this information
          for four years and done nothing with the information is unacceptable.

          Do not ask me the below question, ask those three Board members who
          participated in the audit and while you are at it ask the two new board
          members for a review of that audit to bring themselves up to speed and to
          refresh the memories of the Administration. Ask for the original purchase
          requisitions for the audit, the original Board packets and the minutes and
          votes that are associated with that Audit and subsequent board meetings. See
          if Paul can find the tapes and then we all can hear who has not done their
          job.

          Kevin

        • alicat1967
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2005
            Mr. Rivard!
            I missed BOTH meetings, it is possible
            (or so the talk was going on)
            that the City of Pinole was possibly going to ARCHIVE
            the meeting on the Pinole TV website.
            But I think that I would rather watch THE SIMPSONS

            Now why in the world would our school district schedule the safety
            meeting the VERY SAME NITE as the CBOC meeeting?

            And you know Im going to ask about the website Mr. Rivard. I am
            very disappointed that even 6 months after the Bond Oversight
            WEbsite Subcommitee approved TECHFUTURES to maintain the website,
            the public still has NOTHING!
            How can someone find out when the next Bond Oversight Committee
            meeting is? How can someone find out the minutes of February 16
            meeting, or the meeting in March.
            Or does anyone care?

            About that MRAD monies? I know that is on the bill of every person
            who pays property taxes. How in the world LEGALLY would they
            determine whos MRAD monies to take to pay for that soccer field?

            Thank you for being on the Citizens Bond Oversight Committee
            Kevin. You know I will be pestering you about that website,
            Mr. Trujillo needs to know all these useful engagement tools he has
            at his fingertips, all he need to do is start askin some questions.

            --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@h...>