Re: Castro Library

  • Francie
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2005
      Thanks for the update, Sharon! We have a collection jar in our school
      library with morning announcements all week about the fire. The
      District Library Department (all of the Librarians, Assistants and
      Secretary) is sending a donation to the Mechanics Account from
      our "Sunshine Fund." Librarians from around the state saw the news
      articles and have asked how to support Castro so we put out the
      Mechanics address on a CA school librarians' listserv. Hopefully some
      of that will generate funds.

      Thanks especially for mentioning the web! I didn't even think to use
      our library website as another solicitation point for donations.

      The Castro principal and PTA will take the lead in getting their
      library back together. Just my personal two cents... I'm a fan of the
      bank donations so they can purchase library-bound books which are
      extra-durable and made to withstand repeated use.

      Francie Kunaniec
      Library Media Teacher, Adams Middle School