Re: fire & police response

  • Hallie Friedman
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 25, 2005
      From Today's Times - Firefighters responded to the Donal Avenue
      campus about 5:45 a.m. Saturday after a school district police
      officer discovered the fire, said Vince Kilmartin, associate
      superintendent of operations with the West Contra Costa Unified
      School District.

      Kilmartin said the officer was responding to an intrusion alarm on
      campus. He doesn't know what caused the fire but said the burglar
      alarm could have been triggered by a person or the fire itself.

      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Francie" <fdkunaniec@y...> wrote:

      > That's a very good question to ask, Kevin. At our older/not-being-
      > remodeled site, the fire alarms work quite well - when there's a
      fire
      > and also when the students don't want to go to class.
      >
      > I'd be curious to know about response times for burglar alarms -
      > which ties in to the current discussion on safety and District
      Police
      > vs. contracts with local police. Also, is there a difference in
      > response times for weekend burglaries at different sites (i.e.
      Pinole