Re: Availability of detailed Budget Info.

  • David Whitenack
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2003
      Thank you VERY MUCH for this lead, Mr. Harris. I will contact Ms. Vedovelli. dw

      >Mr. Whitenack,
      >

      >After rereading your email, I noticed that what you were referring
      >to was difficulty in obtaining detailed budget information over the
      >website. You are correct that detailed budget information is not
      >available electronically. Quite frankly, I do not believe that the
      >school district is skilled enough to use the site as an effective
      >communication tool.
      >

      >Nevertheless, Asst. Supe. for Fiscal Services Ruth Vedovelli and her
      >staff have been and are ready to accommodate requests for detailed
      >information from the public. The inconvenience is that you would
      >have to arrange to physically pick up the materials. You can reach
      >Ms. Vedovelli at
      ><mailto:rvedovelli@...>rvedovelli@... or
      >call her at 620-2241
      >

      >George A. Harris III
      >
      >Board Member, West Contra Costa Unified School District

    • David Whitenack
      Message 2 of 2 , May 30, 2003
        Greetings, Ms. Vedovelli. George Harris has referred me to you (see
        email message below) for detailed information regarding the district
        budget. Specifically, I would be interested in receiving a copy of
        the line-item budget for the current (2002-2003) school year.
        Additionally, I would like a copy of the most current year-to-date
        expenditure report for that same school year (i.e., from the
        beginning of the fall semester, not just 2003).

        Ideally, I would like to arrange to pick up a copy of these documents
        today, Friday, May 30 so that I might review them in advance of
        tomorrow's community forum. If that is not possible, I would like to
        receive them on Monday or Tuesday of next week to review them prior
        to the board meeting on Wednesday.

        Please contact me regarding what we might be able to arrange to
        accommodate my request. I can be reached by phone at 734-8974 if
        you'd rather call than email.

        I thank you in advance for your help with this.

        Sincerely,

        David Whitenack
        Parent, Madera Elementary
        El Cerrito