Draft Minutes Reflecting Adopted Alternative Governance Plan

  • Glen Price
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      Friends:

      I have been waiting for staff to send me the text of the adopted alternative
      governance plan and didn¹t realize that they it has been in front of me for
      some time in the form of the draft (not yet approved by the board) minutes
      from the 2/15 meeting. Here it is as it appears in the minutes which are on
      tomorrow (Wednesday) night¹s meeting agenda.

      Ms. Pfeifer moved that the board of education approve an alternative
      governance plan for all yr 5 schools; this plan shall consist of the
      superintendent of schools taking over direct governance of all yr 5 schools
      for 2005-06 school year. The board of education shall direct the
      superintendent to exercise all means at our [the board¹s] disposal to create
      strong site councils at each school. These School Site Councils (SSC) will
      meet as outlined in Ed Code 52012, and shall meet regularly with the
      district superintendent throughout the school year and shall serve as a
      planning committee regarding recommendations for a corrective action plan
      for the school should such a plan be necessary; The Superintendent shall
      advertise Requests For Proposals for Year 5 Schools. Mr. Ramsey seconded.
      Roll call vote: Ms. Fenton, Mr. Brown, Ms. Pfeifer, Mr. Ramsey, and
      President Price voting yes, with no abstentions. Motion carried.

      This may have already been posted here and, if so, my apologies. I was away
      for most of last week travelling with my daughters and still have about 60
      unread wccusdtalk messages.

      Very best wishes,

      Glen Price
      President, WCCUSD