Re: Teachers Union Plan for NCLB Restructuring

  • ralphebedwell
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      All three of these plans look reasonable and would likely result in
      very competently run schools. None of them are likely to yield the
      dramatic upsurges in student achievement that we're all looking for,
      however, because the underlying problem will remain: the depressed
      economics of the surrounding neighborhoods. To effectively overcome
      that, I think you'd need changes much more radical (and,
      unfortunately, expensive, though they'd be worth it) than those that
      are being proposed here.