Re: WATCH THIS HAND - Coordinator-Community Engagement

  • Alicia
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2005
      Update on our long awaited, much needed Coordinator - Community Engagement person to be named later.

      Or thats what we were told anyway. I have attached the latest correspondence from President Price. He said recruitment was beginning immediatley for our Coordinator - Community Engagement, but I see NOTHING on the 01/05/2005 agenda about it.

      A new monkey wrench has come up and will be presented at this board meeting. A position called ASSESSMENT SUPERVISOR will be presented for approval, someone who reports directly to the ASSESSMENT COORDINATOR. This position includes many of the duties our previous Community Engagement job had.
      Not one place in this job does this person work with the community.

      I strongly urge the board to not approve any additional administrative positions until our Coordinator - Community Engagement position has been filled. And with "money is funny" time right around the
      corner, why are we hiring ANYONE unless they are working with the school communities?

      Thank you
      Alicia Medina Pohl

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2005
        Now, Alicia, there you go again with your little parent brain trying to
        understand the complexities of how to educate your child. Please just sit in
        your little chair at the Board meeting and wait for our great Educators with
        all the right letters after their names to tell us the right way to spend
        our tax dollars for the betterment of your child's education.

        Now don't fret, don't furl your brow or shake your head in bewilderment
        because it will all become clear to your ignorant little brain when the
        unveiling of the GREAT PLAN that Scottie keeps asking for is unveiled by
        those on high who understand the great master theme that we parents are
        always being told is just around the next corner.

        Of course another bond or parcel tax will greatly accelerate that unveiling
        so when that request for you to dig deeper into your pockets and give up
        that fifth LATTE a week you now can't afford please do not hesitate one
        second to go down on Saturday mornings to strategize with the great ones
        with many letters after their names to come up with new lies of deceit to
        fleece even more unsuspecting lambs of their LATTES that they still can
        afford.

        After all each year there are more people with letters after their name that
        need those LATTES and what better place that to come to, than this district
        where people are so giving of their time volunteering in the classroom and
        paying out of their pocket for classroom supplies, thus freeing up more tax
        money to pay for those LETTERS and LATTES.

        Oh, did I just unveil the GREAT PLAN for educating your child Alicia. Now
        you can stay home rather than wait for the unveiling at a Board meeting and
        re-use those coffee grounds for the fifth time for that great parent LATTE.
        Enjoy!

        Kevin

      • Alicia Pohl
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 1, 2005
          Mr. Rivard,
          First - Im a MOCA drinker! HA!
          Smokin truth post always most welcome. Its a little harsh but hey the truth
          aint always pretty.

          The big plan.....my little parent brain is ALREADY spinning. Wondering why
          we have to wait for our superintendent to unveil this plan, when ALL of the
          school community is suppose to be included in the development of a plan for
          our schools (The Big 11)

          The board has said they want to have a NCLB forum. Thats fine and dandy.
          So when the forms get filled out - "Did community have a chance to give
          input" they can check the YES box.

          But no more pony shows. My hopes have been up and down so many times last
          year. It should be PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that humanity is NOT considered in
          the PLAN nor is community - OUR COMMUNITY

          Why do I say such horrible things? Look at the support our 11 Year 4
          schools are getting. You can't find it?
          Oh, the consultants........yes and those wonderful letters that tell the
          parents nothing. And worst of all the shrug of OH WELL from our
          administration.

          STILL WAITING ON our Coordinator - Community Engagement. Can we hire
          someone from THIS COMMUNITY for the job? Have you stopped laughing yet?

          And future bonds? HA! that has me laughing. . Learned a very VALUABLE
          lesson regarding bond money and school districts.

          Bond Oversight Committee written into a bond
          may mean a WHOLE LOTTA THINGS but should not
          convince ANYONE
          that everything is on the up and up. I appreciate all the
          Bond Oversight Committee members, but even the few things I have seen opened
          my eyes to the fact that stuff is still gonna happen that a Bond Oversight
          Committee can
          not do a thing about

          The WASTING of the bond money.
          And a quick 2 minute report about it at every board meeting.
          And that is just WRONG

> [...]
          > >immediatley for our Coordinator - Community Engagement, but I see NOTHING
          > >on the 01/05/2005 agenda about it.
          > >
          > >A new monkey wrench has come up and will be presented at this board
          > >meeting. A position called ASSESSMENT SUPERVISOR will be presented for
          > >approval, someone who reports directly to the ASSESSMENT COORDINATOR.
          This
          > >position includes many of the duties our previous Community Engagement
          job
          > >had.
          > >Not one place in this job does this person work with the community.
          > >
          > >I strongly urge the board to not approve any additional administrative
          > >positions until our Coordinator - Community Engagement position has been
          > >filled. And with "money is funny" time right around the
          > >corner, why are we hiring ANYONE unless they are working with the school

          Service.