RE: [wccusdtalk] family/community job description

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 2004
      Follow the money. The broader the description the more pots of money can be
      stolen from to pay for a non vital administrative position.

      Kevin

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2004
        Based on what we've seen coming from the Family Community Involvement the
        past couple of years, non-vital is pretty accurate.....
        Cathy

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2004
          That is the operative word, non-vital, that the public and School Board
          refuses to address and make those that create and vote into being those
          non-vital positions, prove their case as to why those positions are needed.
          The board is voting to close schools to save $250,000 maximum per school,
          (and the savings goes lower for each additional school closed) based on data
          given to the Board from an administration that on one night gave to the
          Board five non-vital administrative positions to approve and the Board
          approved four of those five positions. Regardless of what pot of money those
          positions derived their funding from that was over $400,000 in salaries and
          benefits alone. Lifetime Benefits people. The Administration and Board have
          continued to create and hire or fill vacant Administrative positions at over
          $100,000 a pop plus Lifetime Benefits plus either hiring more secretaries to
          assist or burdening current secretaries with more work, more computers more
          phone lines, more gas cards, more consultant trainers and on and on and on.

          That is why I voted against closing schools because until I see true fiscal
          restraint on the part of the Administration and Board what little savings
          will come out of school closure will be frittered away in more non-vital
          administrators with the funding being stolen from the kids.

          Kevin

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 9, 2004
            --Cathy:

            Haven't you gotten it through your head yet, that the district does not wish "true parent involvement". You should have learned this by looking at the persons they put in that position for the past 3-4 years, AP challenge funds, TIIG funds and site council involvement. I have been trying to get the Downer's Budget from last year and was told it's not important, what we need to focus on is this years budget. Now you tell me, how can you do this years plan without first reviewing last years plan and budget? I got Downer's plan, but interestingly enough the Budget was not attached as has been a practice in the past. But I will continue to press for the budget.

            Scottie Smith

            -------------- Original message from Cathy Travlos : --------------