WCCUSD Board study session on redistricting

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2004
      APPLE BITE
      News from the West Contra Costa Unified School District
      1108 Bissell Ave. * Richmond, CA 94801-3135 * (510) 234-3825
      www.wccusd.k12.ca.us

      For release Thursday, October 7, 2004 or thereafter * No. 0405-11
      Contact: Paul Ehara (510) 620-2246

      Board sets study session on redistricting for November 4; will
      reschedule public hearings

      Superintendent Gloria Johnston announced today that the Board of
      Education has scheduled a special study session on redistricting for
      November 4, 2004 and has postponed the public hearings on redistricting
      originally scheduled for October 13 and October 27.

      "After reviewing the October 13 meeting agenda, Board President Charles
      Ramsey, Clerk of the Board Glen Price and I decided that it would be
      both wise and imperative for the entire board to obtain the necessary
      scope and depth of information on redistricting prior to the public
      hearings," Dr. Johnston said. "We have scheduled a board study session
      for November 4 in order for the board to devote the time it will need to
      engage in an in-depth discussion on the implications of this critical
      issue for our students, families, and staff," Dr. Johnston said.

      The public hearings on redistricting originally set for October 13 and
      27 will be rescheduled and held after the November 4 study session; the
      new dates will be announced as soon as they are set.

      The board study session on redistricting will begin at 6:30 on Thursday,
      November 4, 2004 and take place in the El Cerrito High School Cafeteria.

      The regularly-scheduled board meetings on October 13 at Pinole Valley
      High School and October 27 at El Cerrito High School will return to the
      usual board meeting location, Lovonya DeJean Middle School in Richmond.

      # # #