Re: [wccusdtalk] Times Article

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2004
      Kevin,
      Thanks for posting that article. I intended to when I posted the one about
      NCLB but had to leave for soccer.... Maybe I'm missing something here, but
      didn't we just lay off teachers - oh, I mis-spoke, we "reconfigured
      classes" which resulted in losing some teachers. We lost a fantastic
      teacher from Kensington who, having been treated with nothing but
      disrespect from the district, chose to find a job elsewhere. Same thing
      happened at Valley View and elsewhere. I would have thought that one of
      those elementary teachers could have been offered the job at El Sobrante,
      but then, what do I know?
      Cathy

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2004
        OK, I just found out that the teachers who had been laid off were indeed
        offered positions such as the one at El Sobrante so I take retract my
        other districts where they are appreciated and respected.
        Cathy