Looking for tutor/mentors for Making Changes After-School Program

  • cesar a. cruz
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2004
      Dear WCCUSD Talk Folks,

      Our community desperately needs you as a role model.

      This Sunday from 1-3p.m. we are having a very
      special gathering where we will train any volunteer
      that can give just 2 hours of their time per week to
      be a role model to kids in Richmond/San Pablo.

      The training will be to prepare you to be the best
      tutor/mentor that you can be as we start our Freedom
      School classes and tutor/mentoring center on Monday.

      Our hours are very flexible and you can even receive
      UC Berkeley or other college units for your
      volunteering.

      We are even open on the weekends...

      Come check out a fun training at 1:00p.m. and
      afterwards we will even provide free food, some home cooking, some
      carne asada and homade chile, what?!

      Here's the 411:

      Making Changes Freedom School
      Volunteers Gathering-Training
      Sunday October 3rd 1-3p.m. (sharp)
      Carne Asada to folow
      at 633 17th Street Richmond, CA.
      -2 blocks from Richmond Bart...

      Please arrive on time....

      See you all Sunday...

      The training will be provided by Cesar A. Cruz (community organizer,
      educator-Havenscourt Middle School, East Oakland) and
      Wendy Gonzalez (teacher, J.O. Ford, Richmond)....

      take care,
      cesar