Re: Federal Legislation re the Draft

  • Hallie Friedman
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2004
      I've gotten the same information from dozens of friends and colleagues and it is fact. Everyone I've spoken to within government tho claims that it will not pass, but please write your letters.
      Also, please remind everyone you know who has recently become eligible to vote to register now and to request absentee ballots if they won't be near home on Nov. 2. Many of us on this list have children in college and this will be their first opportunity to vote in a presidential election and they may not know that they can request an absentee ballot and that they can vote from school. Tell them to link to their county's election department, there are absentee ballots requests available on line or directions on how to get them. If your child is going to school in a swing state, they can legally register in that state and vote there! But deadlines are fast approaching, have them do this now.

      And lastly, write your government officials. WE do not need a draft, because we do not need this "military action".

      Marsha Williamson <mswilliamson@...> wrote:
      I received this email as a "forward" from a reputable source. The two
      bills (identical HR and Senate bills were referred to the Armed Services
      Committee early this year and so far have not made it back to the Senate
      or House floors for discussion/action as far as I can tell. I would
      encourage everyone to look into this ASAP. If what they allude to is
      true with regard to moving this legislation quietly through while we are
      distracted by the election, a draft could begin as early as Spring 2005
      and our future is scarier than most of us are capable of imagining. See
      the paste below.
      Marsha Williamson

      Look what I got from Russell G. at Universal Records

      www.hslda.org/legislation/national/2003/s89/default.asp