Re: High School Reform

  • Alicia
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 8, 2004
      Mr. Genser:
      First - thank you for joining the list and taking the time
      to post.

      Second: In Regards To:

      The High School Reform planning effort is intended to involve a wide
      > spectrum of the community in the planning process. That doesn't
      mean that
      > every group in the community has to be on the Blue Ribbon
      Community. It
      > means that the Blue Ribbon Committee is charged with taking its
      > information, its suggestions and, ultimately, its plan into the
      community
      > for input from a broad range of interests.

      From all the information I have on the High School Reform, it says
      that community feedback in the planning stages will be an important
      parts of the design of the 5 year plan for High School Reform. What
      information was sent for the HSPSA in regards to the School Community
      Partnership & Engagement?

      Is that not the purpose of the up and coming public forums? To
      gather the community feedback needed to complete this picture of what
      we have/what we need? And to identify possible community group
      collaborations that would support our 5 year plan? Are there
      any community groups signed on (not as BRC members) but as
      interested parties?

      Thank You
      Alicia Pohl
    • Jennifer E. Felix
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 9, 2004
        Mr. Genser:

        Some of us have met you and yes we think you set yourself on a
        pedestal. You must feel you are on a pedestal as you still have not
        answered why business people like yourself have not worked to help
        kids for whom vocational services may be their only chance for job
        with a LIVING WAGE!! I have a child who most likely will not go to
        a four year college, yet I was told there is no money for additional
        vocational services to address the vocational assessment my child
        finally received. So she has an assessment but like a restraining
        order, it is worth no more than the paper it is written on. Have
        any of the business representatives and/or businesses offered to set
        up training programs/positions for these kids? Again I ask, are we
        only concerned with those kids who will go to college or are we
        going to address ALL educational avenues that these kids can explore?

        The parents of the WCCUSD will be much more likely to trust and
        believe in these committees if and when these questions and others
        like them are adequately explored and answered.