RE: [wccusdtalk] Re: High School Reform

    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 8, 2004
      Now, now Jennifer.

      You know as well as I that it is only a few of us who have had these
      problems with the district. You should extol the greatness of this district
      and what great things it does for the children.

      It is beside the point that one of the most sought after sites in this
      district is not even on our district's properties. Middle College High
      School not only has a long waiting list but has one of the best test scores
      of all the High Schools. It is beside the point that one of our board
      members does not want his children in his own neighborhood school where he
      himself as a parent could influence the betterment of that school and chose
      to transfer his children to a school in the hills. It is beside the point
      that a board member moved prior to his children entering school so they
      could go to the best elementary school in the district and then helped in a
      vote to remove the principal that had made the school at the Point a premier
      nationwide model. It is beside the point that just between Lynn and myself
      we have personally seen 5 families with a total of 17 children sell their
      houses and move from this district because they could no longer stand the
      lack of quality of education in this district. These were families that were
      participants in their children's schools and are now active members in the
      schools they have moved to.

      Jennifer, you and I have been on the receiving side of this district's most
      disrespectful and ugly behavior and those that have not seen it or care to
      recognize it will not understand what we speak of. When they do have to be
      confrontational and do stand up for the injustice of this district they will
      understand until then just keep helping those you can because you have the
      knowledge of how to fight. Hang in there for you are not alone.

      Kevin

      >From: "Jennifer E. Felix" <jenfelixthecat615@...>
      >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [wccusdtalk] Re: High School Reform
      >Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:37:44 -0000
      >
      >Kevin:
      >
      >Having spent the last 5-7 years fighting this district for services
      >for my children, I would have to agree with you. Although I
      >recently discovered I am not only a nay-sayer to be avoided, but I
      >have been labeled a Bitch! I have learned that the more I fight for
      >my kids the more I can help others. Last year one middle school
      >principal had a promotion policy that excluded a large particular
      >section of spec. ed. kids. I spent 9 days trying to spare my child
      >the pain and anguish the principal put her through. Although the
      >policy was not changed for my daughter I learned alot. This year
      >when the same principal had the same policy but only gave 2 days
      >instead of 9 days notice. Had I not fought so hard for my child
      >last year I would not have had the info needed this year. YES we
      >reversed the policy in 2 days and 122 kids were spared the pain and
      >humiliation my child and others felt last year. If Mr. Genser and
      >the other committee members want to hear why the district is
      >mistrusted he is more than welcome to meet with me and go over the 5
      >3" thick notebooks I have about my kids struggles with this
      >districts arrogant administrators!!!! INCLUDING A COPY OF A
      >MEDICAL ASSESSMENT FOR THAT A TEACHER FILLED OUT AND A SCHOOL
      >ADMINISTRATOR TOOK FROM HER, TOLD HER SHE WAS NOT ALLOWED TO FILL
      >OUT, WHITED IT OUT, BUT THEN RETURNED TO ME!!!!
      >
      >Mistrust abounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Get tips for maintaining your PC, notebook accessories and reviews in
      Technology 101. http://special.msn.com/tech/technology101.armx
    • Jennifer E. Felix
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 9, 2004
        Mr. Genser:

        Some of us have met you and yes we think you set yourself on a
        pedestal. You must feel you are on a pedestal as you still have not
        answered why business people like yourself have not worked to help
        kids for whom vocational services may be their only chance for job
        with a LIVING WAGE!! I have a child who most likely will not go to
        a four year college, yet I was told there is no money for additional
        vocational services to address the vocational assessment my child
        finally received. So she has an assessment but like a restraining
        order, it is worth no more than the paper it is written on. Have
        any of the business representatives and/or businesses offered to set
        up training programs/positions for these kids? Again I ask, are we
        only concerned with those kids who will go to college or are we
        going to address ALL educational avenues that these kids can explore?

        The parents of the WCCUSD will be much more likely to trust and
        believe in these committees if and when these questions and others
        like them are adequately explored and answered.