Re: High School Reform

  • Jennifer E. Felix
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 8, 2004
      Kevin:

      Having spent the last 5-7 years fighting this district for services
      for my children, I would have to agree with you. Although I
      recently discovered I am not only a nay-sayer to be avoided, but I
      have been labeled a Bitch! I have learned that the more I fight for
      my kids the more I can help others. Last year one middle school
      principal had a promotion policy that excluded a large particular
      section of spec. ed. kids. I spent 9 days trying to spare my child
      the pain and anguish the principal put her through. Although the
      policy was not changed for my daughter I learned alot. This year
      when the same principal had the same policy but only gave 2 days
      instead of 9 days notice. Had I not fought so hard for my child
      last year I would not have had the info needed this year. YES we
      reversed the policy in 2 days and 122 kids were spared the pain and
      humiliation my child and others felt last year. If Mr. Genser and
      the other committee members want to hear why the district is
      mistrusted he is more than welcome to meet with me and go over the 5
      3" thick notebooks I have about my kids struggles with this
      districts arrogant administrators!!!! INCLUDING A COPY OF A
      MEDICAL ASSESSMENT FOR THAT A TEACHER FILLED OUT AND A SCHOOL
      ADMINISTRATOR TOOK FROM HER, TOLD HER SHE WAS NOT ALLOWED TO FILL
      OUT, WHITED IT OUT, BUT THEN RETURNED TO ME!!!!

      Mistrust abounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Jennifer E. Felix
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 9, 2004
        Mr. Genser:

        Some of us have met you and yes we think you set yourself on a
        pedestal. You must feel you are on a pedestal as you still have not
        answered why business people like yourself have not worked to help
        kids for whom vocational services may be their only chance for job
        with a LIVING WAGE!! I have a child who most likely will not go to
        a four year college, yet I was told there is no money for additional
        vocational services to address the vocational assessment my child
        finally received. So she has an assessment but like a restraining
        order, it is worth no more than the paper it is written on. Have
        any of the business representatives and/or businesses offered to set
        up training programs/positions for these kids? Again I ask, are we
        only concerned with those kids who will go to college or are we
        going to address ALL educational avenues that these kids can explore?

        The parents of the WCCUSD will be much more likely to trust and
        believe in these committees if and when these questions and others
        like them are adequately explored and answered.