Re: High School Reform

  • c_cowens
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 7, 2004
      These were the original parents:

      Harpreet Sandhu (Bi-lingual Advisory Committee)
      Cheryl Armstrong (PTA)
      Alicia Pohl
      Charles Cowens (PTA)

      I'm the only one who goes to the meetings now.

      To be fair, it's important to point out that the two chamber of
      commerce people have family connections. Josh Genser has a son at ECHS
      and a daughter in some private middle school. Judy Morgan has at least
      one grandchild that I know of who is at Hercules Elementary.

      Charley Cowens

    • Jennifer E. Felix
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 9, 2004
        Mr. Genser:

        Some of us have met you and yes we think you set yourself on a
        pedestal. You must feel you are on a pedestal as you still have not
        answered why business people like yourself have not worked to help
        kids for whom vocational services may be their only chance for job
        with a LIVING WAGE!! I have a child who most likely will not go to
        a four year college, yet I was told there is no money for additional
        vocational services to address the vocational assessment my child
        finally received. So she has an assessment but like a restraining
        order, it is worth no more than the paper it is written on. Have
        any of the business representatives and/or businesses offered to set
        up training programs/positions for these kids? Again I ask, are we
        only concerned with those kids who will go to college or are we
        going to address ALL educational avenues that these kids can explore?

        The parents of the WCCUSD will be much more likely to trust and
        believe in these committees if and when these questions and others
        like them are adequately explored and answered.