Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: Thank you from a Grateful Parent,but the fight isn't over

  • Marsha Williamson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2004
      Dear Sharon,
      I sincerely share your views and salute you for bringing home the
      message
      that there is no free ride. "Thank you" to you, and all the other
      parents in this district who truly support public education and have
      made tremendous efforts and sacrifices to improve our schools.
      Marsha Williamson

      "Sharon J." wrote:

> [...]
      > community be
      > > willing to fork over to keep CSR and remember in 2005-06 schools
      > will be
      > > closing, how much money are you going to fork over to keep them
      > open.
      > >
      > > Remember the last straw, Lifetime Mediacal benefits which are going
      > to raise
      > > another 2 to 4 million dollars by 2005-06. So look forward to
      > another $8
      > > million dollar parcel tax this November or again next March or June
      > or maybe
      > > a surprise September vote.
      > >
      > > The district did not tell you the whole truth on how bankrupt they
      > truly are
      > > but until they come up with the complete details of what they need
      > to stay
      > > afloat you can bet this nickel and dime taxing will continue and
      > they're
      > > tactics of scaring the kids and parents will continue. In the mean
      > time give
      > > up another latte a day and start putting that savings in the piggy
      > bank for
      > > the next parcel tax.
      > >
      > > Kevin
      > >

      > > >From: Marsha Williamson <mswilliamson@l...>
      > > >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com
      > > >Subject: Re: [wccusdtalk] Thank you from a Grateful Parent, but the
      >
      > fight
      > > >isn't over
      > > >Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:06:46 -0700
      > > >
      > > >To all concerned about the reallocation of donations to various
      > > >post-Meas J funds:
      > > >There was a list of donors and designated receiving schools (in the
      >
      > > >event of Meas B passage) in the board packet for the first June
      > School
      > > >Board Meeting. This may not be a complete list, but it would be a
      > > >starting place to make sure the money from these donations gets
      > > >reallocated to the sites and is under local control of principals,
      > site
      > > >councils and parent/community organizations at these sites. It is
      > > >especially important to make sure this accounting transfer takes
      > place
      > > >before the end of the fiscal year. Money tends to be swallowed up
      > in
      > > >black holes when summers pass.
      > > >Marsha Williamson

      > Not
      > mail
      > election.

      > support

      > their
      > The
      > confidence
      > of
      > the
      > Board

      > are
      > accounting
      > returned
      > Thank

      > > > [click here]

      > > Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers!

      [click here]