Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: Why not release the survey?

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
      Tammy, the voters who continually keep voting yes to this district are
      similar to the battered spouse or domestic partner who keeps getting the
      hell beat out of them, then when the neighbors call the police and the
      police show up the victim plays like nothing happened.

      The 911 call went out to this board last year that Counselors and Teachers
      were the priority. That was followed up by the public meetings were those
      points were strongly reiterated. The last week saw e-mails other than mine
      that said we need to drop the books and supplies and the word enhance and
      bolster the importance of Counselors. The batterer, in this case the
      district, didn't listen and now the victim, the voter, from some e-mails I
      have seen today are saying, maybe if I am a good voter and do as we are told
      by the district maybe they will give us a few of those crumbs we talked
      about in previous e-mails and they won't take away our counselors.

      Tammy I sit here looking back over 24 years of history with this district
      and over the last 10 years especially with the MRAD where $36 million of the
      $45 million collected so far went to salaries and Consultants rather than
      fixing up the schools as promised, the Lavonya DeJean Middle School being
      over 2 1/2 times original estimated cost and still growing in cost, the Bond
      Measures that were going to take care of all the reconstruction needs that
      are now far short of the estimated $1.3 Billion needed though we were told
      that the last bond past would be the last needed by the now sitting school
      board.

      I just shake my head and wonder when will the voters wake up and see there
      is no more truth in a habitual spousal batterers words when they say, "I
      love you and this will be the last time this happens" anymore than when this
      district says, "Trust is a problem of the past now trust us this March and
      we will prove to you we really, really mean it this time."

      Tammy, review your own e-mails over the past month, trust your intellect and
      not your emotions. As the battered spouse becomes to realize emotion will
      get them killed their intellect begins to see the truth and set them free.
      Use your intellect Tammy, stop banging your head against the wall and start
      believing what you write.

      Kevin

      >From: Tammera Campbell <tammeracampbell@...>
      >To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Rivard <kfrivard@...>
      >CC: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, c_cowens@..., spricco@...,
      >Tammycampbell@..., George Harris <gah_iii@...>, Karen Fenton
      ><kfenton@...>, Patricia Player <playeredu@...>, Charles Ramsey
      ><cramsey@...>, "Glen S. Price" <glen@...>
      >Subject: Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: Why not release the survey?
      >Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 17:32:13 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >It would have been refreshing if they had changed the language, but what
      >you bet, the superintendent wanted something and the unions wanted
      >something. As a parent, I want CSR and counselors, and if this parcel tax
      >passes we had better hope that this district administration and school
      >board follows through and provides these two items or mutiny from this end
      >of the district may be forthcoming. And if this parcel tax does not pass,
      >then we had better look closely at the current make of this district and
      >change a few things and then try once again for another parcel tax - don't
      >even think about doing a building bond until we have teachers in the
      >classroom.
      >Tammy
      >
      >rcs101@... wrote:
      >

      >--Kevin:
      >
      >Happy to see they have not funded this campaign on the backs of the
      >children,
      >but where is the availability of the report? Sad to hear that the language
      >was not changed and that all the "so-called" input from the group did not
      >change a thing in the wording? But I did not expect a word to change,
      >therefore, the rain made it plain, that to go out for no change, would be a
      >total shame to the intelligence of my brain.
      >
      >Scottie Smith
      >

      > > Now you see Scottie, sometimes the district does things right and fools
      >us
      > > skeptics.
      > >
      > > Ok, everyone I was wrong on this one. Sorry. Third mistake in my life.
      >And
      > > Counting.
      > >
      > > Thanks for the clarification Glen.
      > >
      > > Kevin
      > >

      > > >From: rcs101@...
      > > >To: "Kevin Rivard"
      > > >CC: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, c_cowens@...,
      >spricco@...,
      > > >Tammycampbell@...
      > > >Subject: Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: Why not release the survey?
      > > >Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 20:54:06 +0000
      > > >
      > > >--Charlie:
      > > >
      > > >I agree with Kevin that the District pays for the survey. Also, if I
      > > >remember
      > > >correctly, when George first spoke to the WCCUSD parents group, he
      >spoke of
      > > >some of the things in the survey. Therefore, it should be available to
      >the
      > > >public for our information, but I would not count on seeing it as a
      >matter
      > > >of
      > > >information to the public from the District. But if you ask, it may be
> [...]

      Our best dial-up offer is back. Get MSN Dial-up Internet Service for 6
      months @ $9.95/month now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup