Fwd: [wccusdtalk] Narrow Scope of Parcel Tax (Re: Kevin's suggestion)

  • mswizbiz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2003
      I agree with Kevin and David with regard to narrowing the scope of things the
      money can cover. My personal take would be something like the following:

      Kevin,
      I like your simplification of the language. You keep the main points around
      the budget cuts of last spring. I would like to see counselors singled out in
      a more prominent way. I would like to see textbook money available for
      schools to purchase curriculum that is not on Big Brother's textbook list.

      Amended version:

      To maintain reduced class sizes, to preserve existing programs at the school
      site and classroom level by retaining the following personnel at or above Fall
      2003 levels: secondary school counselors, teachers and teacher's aides, shall
      West Contra Costa Unified School District be authorized to levy, for 5 years
      only beginning July 1, 2004, an annual tax of 6.8 cents per square foot of
      real property improvements or $68 per vacant
      parcel, with an exemption for (low income) eligible owners aged 65 or older?