Re: [wccusdtalk] A plug for ECHS

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2003
      --Marsha:

      Thanks for sending out Jill's e-mail. It is sad but true, that today's
      parents must be involved in the education of their children. Parents can not
      just pay tax and think that the administrators and educators will do the
      right things for their children, as our parents thought when they sent us of
      to school. Parent must be in involved in their schools as well as their day
      to day jobs to support their children. Parents must also remember that they
      have rights and even if the school is not parent friendly, they must work to
      remove the many obstacle that does not permit their involvement. I understand
      the burdens parents must face today (both parents working)in order to pay
      their rent or mortgage, but if they wish success for their children in
      school, it is another job that must be done. We must remember, there are
      things we can change and others we can't. All we can do is try to hold those
      in public or private education accountable to needs of our students.

      Scottie Smith