Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: Ltr. to WCCUSD, Dr. Johnston, Dr. Stewart re Elimination...

  • Aukena@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2003
      Francie,
      Thanks for your thoughtful and heartbroken email. I couldn't agree with you
      more. I was actually asking about the specifics about the children you were
      talking about so I could ask my child if she had known them or the family.

      We are all working as hard as we know how to turn things around in our
      district. I know that at our last ECHS PTSA meeting last night, the parents were
      desperately trying to think of ways to fund our counselors out of our own
      pockets. The principal, Vince Rhea, was there as always and he was right along with
      us. It is up to us all to do what we can to get this district to pay
      attention to the neglect of our children, neglect that our children recognize for
      what it is - selfish disregard for the best interests of our most precious
      possessions.

      Many schools are losing. Many middle and low-income schools are losing. We
      are losing our hearts. But not if we keep fighting to stop the flow of money
      upward and bring it back to the children, the teachers, and the campuses.

      Thank you for caring so much. None of us can do this alone. Thank God for
      this newsgroup.
      Amy
      Parent of ECHS student