Re: [wccusdtalk] Fw: Tech mogul pays bright minds not to go to college-Profiting For The Billionaires

  • Norma J F Harrison
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2011
      Sorry I don't live in Richmond, so I might vote for you.  You're the only person
      who's responded substantially to what I offer.
      I'm not dismayed.  I run for school board here in Berkeley, although it's pretty
      fruitless.  People hear Democrat, Republican, Peace and Freedom Party and make
      their decisions.  People - too bad about most.
      Anyway -
      What I'm trying to get people to urge is moving away from the school structure,
      to labor intensive activity - supplemented of course by machinery where it's
      mentally ecologically etc useful.  For example.
      Many people should farm together - be out with their hands in the dirt for a few
      hours a week, reducing machine use to the barest minimum, considering reasonable
      planting - no monocropping, integrated pest management - varied plants together
      for pleasure and protection - our pleasure, their protection.  We in the fields
      - small fields, that have been nourished by proper handling including passing
      food-animals over them for a while, to feed and drop nutrients; many of us in
      the fields, talking and singing together - with bows in our hair - It's a report
      from pre-revolutionary Tibet - where those serf-slaves couldn't - wear bows in
      their hair, sing and talk together, while doing the monasteries' and feudal
      lords' work.  ...humanized labor, that we can enjoy, that promotes sharing
      ideas, or thining up new ideas, asking questions finding ways to study to answer
      them that work - research - is not about making innovative product in order to
      sell it but because it integrally relates to our living, our work our enjoyment
      So, where this kind of thing relates to people of whatever age - in with the
      doctors, doctors who clean up the examining room after each patient - no
      stratification of work, no greater reward for doing one job or another; work
      taking as little or as much time as feels good, as is necessary - not in order
      to get paid for it, not in order to accumulate more than a neighbor,
      And in order for all of us - our progeny - to enjoy the job time - not to have
      to do it in isolated circumstances; the best example - the teacher, or the
      So what I want is for us to recognize that our Owners' institutions result in
      our oppression: church, marriage, school, the way health care is done, the way
      housing is laid out, the kind of work we do,

      all need to be challenged and re-fit for our enjoyment comfort security unto our
      children's children.

      These need to be thought about in our governments... talked about ...  It's the
      only way we'll cut loose from self-oppression.  School, capitalism - can't be
      reformed.  They're structured to do what they do.