5/3 Richmond Day Of Action To Defend Public Education And All Public Workers

  • Charles Rachlis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2011
      5/3 Richmond Day Of Action To Defend Public Education And All Public Workers
      May 3, 2011 Day Of Action In Richmond
      WE ARE ONE
      Stand Together with the United Teachers of Richmond, Wednesday, May 3, 2010 “Day
      of the Teacher.” Support working people, education, our students, higher
      education, protect ALL of our rights and fairness.
      CALL TO ACTION: Join the All Day Demonstration, public and private sector
      employees line the streets of the community to show the pivotal role these
      employees play in the community, at the corner of :
      Cutting and San Pablo Ave. Richmond/El Cerrito, 6:00 AM-6:00 PM
      California is in a State of Emergency! Working people are in a State of
      Emergency!
      · California schools have been cut by $18 Billion in the last three years
      and we now face another $4 Billion!
      · We may lose 20,000 teachers this year, on top of the 30,000 we’ve lost in
      the past three years!
      · Our class sizes are outrageous!
      · Students’ instruction days are being eliminated!
      · Our counselors are disappearing!
      · Our arts, our music, our PE, our athletic programs are gone or going!
      · Our library books are deteriorating!

      We’ve given everything, and can’t give anymore! It’s not fair to our students or
      to our communities! Save our Schools – Raise Revenue – Students are our Future!
      This is an ALL day action not just another demonstration. It is about the right
      of our children to have a public education in Richmond and Contra Costa County.
      What are we working for if our kids can’t get an education in this country? At
      the same time that we have bailed out the bankers with government money and are
      spending trillions of our tax dollars on the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan
      and now Libya? Make sure your union, banners and your members are at this action
      to protest and fight back for public workers, and public education!!
      Planning Meeting: United Teachers of Richmond office, 700 Crestview Drive,
      Pinole, CA 94565
      Tuesday April 26, 6:30 PM. Please call Diane Brown @ 510-672-3526

      For more information: www.unitedteachersofrichmond.com Phone: 510-222-5112 Fax:
      510 222-5114 - 700 Crestview Drive, Pinole, CA 94565 United Teachers of
      Richmond, CTA/NEA