Important new article in Bay Citizen

  • Todd Groves
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2011
      The new online Bay Area news site, the Bay Citizen analyzed the results of teacher evaluation systems in our local schools. The article is at once eye-popping and completely expected. In systems where students rarely score proficient, teachers get great marks. Read the article here,

      http://www.baycitizen.org/education/story/rethinking-evaluations-when-almost-every

      Here is a report on revising the teacher evaluation process. What reforms can we implement here?

      http://www.tntp.org/files/Teacher-Evaluation-Oct10F.pdf

      We lack sufficient evaluation of administrators also. Principals must be judged by their ability to lead. We should have some community and faculty evaluation component of administrative performance, yearly would be best.

      We need a body to press these reforms. No current organized interest in our system will do so. Our decision-makers will continue to cede to special interests unless the common interest is given voice.

      Todd Groves