STAGE DOOR CONSERVATORY SUMMER PROGRAMS

  • c slamon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2011
      Your friends at STAGE DOOR CONSERVATORY

      ANNOUNCEMENT

      Does you child love singing, acting and dancing? Would you like him or her
      to have a THRILLING summer rehearsing and performing in either "Hairspray"
      or "Les Miserables?" If so, consider sending him or her to STAGE DOOR
      CONSERVATORY. Based in North Berkeley, we offer young persons the
      opportunity to immerse themselves in musical theater, engage in a summer of
      learning, become part of a supportive theater ensemble and perform in
      high-caliber productions directed Simon Kaplan, one of the Bay Area's most
      popular and beloved drama instructors/directors, and a team of other
      professional theater artists/trainers. Inspirational and rewarding for both
      experienced actors, eager to stretch themselves creatively, and those new to
      theater, we help young persons develop themselves as artists and as persons.
      As a conservatory, we offer instruction in all aspects of musical
      production, from costume to prop and set preparation, to performance. ON
      BROADWAY (for children entering grades 5 - 9) begins June 20 and ends six
      weeks later on July 29 with a three day presentation of "Hairspray" at a
      state-of-the-arts professional venue in El Cerrito. TEENS ON STAGE (for
      children entering grades 8 - 12) begins July 5 and ends, also six week
      later, with a three day performance of "Les Miserables" beginning on August
      12, also at the same locale. Both programs are tuition-based, but we have
      over 20 spaces available for children from financially stressed families
      motivated to participate in our programs. Auditions are not required for ON
      BROADWAY. Auditions for TEENS ON STAGE will be tentatively held March 12, 13
      and 14. For more information, on enrollment, registration or auditioning,
      please email us at stagedoorconservatory@... or call our offices at
      510-521-6250. We also offer programs for children in grades 3 - 5.