RE: [wccusdtalk] New community data from the census bureau

  • Jim Cowen
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2010
      We see the same thing at Olinda in El Sobrante.  The drop off in enrollment as the grade level increases is dramatic.
      And, as was pointed out, the parents who pull their kids are the ones we need MOST in WCCUSD.
      Simply make a list of all of the PTA presidents and SSC chairman in all of the elementary schools from 5 years ago, and then see where the children of those parents are today.

      God bless the current PTA and SSC leaders in the high schools. The ones that are left to do the job have a task that is too massive for their numbers.

      Part of the problem is that the district views those who left as "people we no longer need to deal with".

      Jim