Re: [wccusdtalk] Setting the Record Straight

  • c slamon
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 29, 2010
      Fred,
      Thank you so much for your kind words. If you have to leave California and
      move to Texas; Austin is the place to be. When my husband & I traveled this
      country trying to decide where we wanted to settle, Austin was high on our
      list of places that we just loved. We happened to pass through in August
      though and it was just too hot. That's how we ended up in San Francisco.

      I have forwarded your message to Charles and Madeline. I can't imagine that
      they would decline a chance to have the University of Texas participate in
      the college fairs that are hosted by our high schools each year. Also, if
      you want to attract some our best and brightest students to Texas, then an
      offer of a scholarship or financial assistance is always a welcome gesture.
      I am always glad to see the positive effects that the Ivy League Connection
      has had and how the word of it's existence has branched out to other
      institutions of higher learning. Thank you so much for contacting me. Go
      Longhorns.

      regards,
      Christina