College Fairs happening this week

  • c slamon
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 12 4:52 PM
      Here are college fairs going on in our area in the next week.
      Sunday September 13, 2009

      1 - 2:30 pm Johns Hopkins Information Session at the Legion of Honor Museum
      34th Ave./Clement Street San Francisco.

      3 - 4 pm Boston College Information Session at the Hotel Monaco 501 Geary
      St. San Francisco

      3 - 5 pm Bowdoin, Carleton, Pomona and Swarthmore Colleges Information
      Session at the Westin St. Francis, San Francisco.

      Monday September 14, 2009

      7:30 - 9:30 pm Bowdoin, Carleton, Pomona and Swarthmore Colleges Information
      Session at the Claremont Hotel, Berkeley.

      7:30 - 9:30 pm Emory University and University of Virgina Information
      session at the San Mateo Marriott, San Mateo

      Tuesday September 15, 2009

      7 - 9 pm Notre Dame Information Session at St. Francis High School 5900
      Elvas Ave. Sacramento

      7 - 8 pm Bishop O'Dowd High School College Fair includes Wesleyan and
      Connecticut College. Oakland

      Wednesday September 16, 2009

      7:30 - 9:30 College Nights at Athenian, includes Skidmore College, Bucknell
      University, Drexel University, Stony Brook University, University of
      Colorado Boulder, Northeastern University, University of Denver, Pacific
      University, St. Edward's University (TX), Whitworth University, Clarmont
      McKenna College. The Athenian School 2100 Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd., Danville.

      7:30 - 9 pm Emory University and University of Virgina Information session
      at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, Sacramento

      7:30 - 9:30 pm Notre Dame Information Session at De La Salle High School
      1130 Winton Dr. Concord.

      Thursday September 17, 2009

      7:30 - 8:30 pm Exploring Educational Excellance: Brown, Columbia, Cornell,
      Rice and University of Chicago. Sacramento.

      Monday September 21, 2009

      7:30 - 9:30 pm Exploring Educational Excellence: Brown, Columbia, Cornell,
      Rice and University of Chicago. Doubletree Hotel, Modesto.

      To see the complete calendar for September and October go to:
      http://wccusdgettingintocollege.blogspot.com/

    • c slamon
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 21 5:11 PM
        Here are the college fairs taking place in our area this week.

        Tuesday - September 22, 2009

        Tulane College Information Session 7 - 9 pm at the Oakland City Center
        Marriott

        Washington University in St. Louis 7:30 - 8:30 pm at the Sacramento Hilton

        Wednesday - September 23, 2009

        Tulane College Information Session 7 - 9 pm at the Hilton Financial District
        San Francisco

        Washington University in St. Louis 7:30 - 8:30 pm at the Hilton Santa Clara

        Wednesday September 30, 2009

        Cornell University Information Session
        11 - 11:45 am Hercules High School Library
        12:15 - 1 pm El Cerrito High School Library

        Vassar College Information Session
        1:15 - 2:15 pm El Cerrito High School Library

        Northwestern Universtiy Information Session
        7 - 8 pm Hercules High School Auditorium

        College Nights at the Athenian School - Danville, CA
        7:30 - 9:30 pm Tonight: Hofstra University, Haverford College, Willamette
        University, Hamilton College and Wheaton College

        For more details or to view the entire calendar, here is the link
        http://wccusdgettingintocollege.blogspot.com/

      • ionednet@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 23 7:00 AM
          In a message dated 9/21/2009 5:13:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
          cslamon@... writes:

          > Tuesday - September 22, 2009
          >
          > Tulane College Information Session 7 - 9 pm at the Oakland City Center
          > Marriott

          Hello Chris,

          William and I decided to go do dinner together in Oakland and go and listen
          at this information night. Unfortunately we were unable to find it at
          either downtown Oakland Marriot's. You may want to add a disclaimer to advise
          people to double check time and location.

          Just for your information.

          Ione

        • c slamon
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 23 4:00 PM
            Ione,My sincere apologies regarding the error in the college fair calendar.
            The event for Tulane at Oakland City Center is TONIGHT from 7 - 9 pm. They
            were in San Francisco last night.

            I used the Miramonte High School Website to get this information
            http://miramonte.acalanes.k12.ca.us/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp?tab_id=_34_1
            Unfortunately they reversed the location for the 2 Tulane events in
            San
            Francisco and Oakland and I did not realize that. I just double checked
            Tulane's website and found the correct information. So, Tulane was in San
            Francisco last night on 9/22 and they will be in Oakland tonight 9/23.
            Again, my apologies, we worked very hard to put together this information
            and I'm sorry if there are any errors.

            Thanks
            Chris Slamon

          • ionednet@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 23 10:25 PM
              No worries. William and I had a nice evening. We enjoyed dinner together
              and chatted about school and life. I loved it.

              Take care,

              Ione

            • c slamon
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 5, 2009
                Here are the college fairs that are happening this week:
                Wednesday October 7, 2009

                6 pm: San Juan Unified School District College Fair in Sacramento.
                Wellesley College will be at this event.

                7:30 - 9:30 pm: College Nights at Athenian in Danville. Tonight features
                George Washington University, Eckerd College, St. Mary's College of
                California (Moraga), Johnson & Wales University, Reed College, SF Art
                Intstitute, University of Chicago, St. John's University (New York).

                Thursday October 8, 2009

                12:30 - 1:30 pm: Penn Information Session at Pinole Valley High School in
                the library.

                7 - 9 pm: An Introduction to Brown University at Oakland Technical High
                School. Keith Light, Associate Director of Admissions will represent the
                college. The program will include an informational presentation and an
                opportunity for questions and answers.

                7 - 9 pm: Yale Information Session at Homestead High School, Cupertino.

                7:30 - 8:30 pm Penn Information Session at The New Hotel Shattuck, Berkeley.

                Saturday October 10, 2009

                Johns Hopkins Information Session at Los Altos High School, Los Altos.

                Sunday October 11, 2009

                9 - 11 am Santa Clara University Open House, Santa Clara.

                Monday October 12, 2009

                6:30 - 9 pm: Palo Alto High School College Fair in the gyms, Palo Alto.
                Wesleyan University will be at this event.

              • c slamon
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
                  Here is the list of college fairs happening this week:
                  Tonight, Monday October 12, 2009
                  6:30 - 9 pm. Palo Alto High School College Fair - Wesleyan University will
                  be at this event.

                  Saturday October 17, 2009
                  10 am - 3 pm. Pinole Valley High School First Annual College Fair: 30+
                  colleges have been confirmed and there are several workshops to participate
                  in to help students prepare for the college application process. Colleges
                  represented will be Air Force Academy, Amherst, Bard College, Boston
                  College, Bowdoin, Brown, Clark University Massachusetts, Columbia College of
                  Hollywood Tarzana, CA, Columbia University, Connecticut College, Contra
                  Costa College, Cornell University, Expression College for Digital Arts,
                  Harvard College, Holy Names University Oakland, CA, Johnson and Wales
                  University, Northwestern University, Reed College Portland, OR, Rensselaer
                  Polytechnic Institute, Stanford University, Sonoma State University, The
                  Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising Encino, CA, University of the
                  Pacific, University of Pennsylvania (Penn), University of Rhode Island,
                  Dominican University of California, Wesleyan and Yale. This event is free
                  and open to all WCCUSD students.

                  8:30 am - 1 pm. 32nd Annual College Information Day at UC Berkeley - This is
                  a free event but you must register in advance: Preregister online at
                  www.eastbayconsortium.org (no registration fees). In a collaborative effort
                  with Cal State East Bay, Peralta Colleges, Holy Names University, U.C.
                  Berkeley, St. Mary's College of California, and the University of San
                  Francisco, the East Bay Consortium holds an annual College Day at U.C.
                  Berkeley. College Day is aimed at middle and high school students and
                  parents by providing them the opportunity to explore the infinite higher
                  education options that lay ahead of them.
                  Over 60 representatives from colleges and universities throughout the United
                  States attend and offer prospective students a glimpse into their college.
                  In addition, students and parents have the opportunity to attend several
                  workshops. Workshop topics include: admissions information, keeping college
                  as a goal, historically black colleges, completing the UC Application, and
                  required college admissions tests. Workshops in English and Spanish. The
                  East Bay Consortium's College Day is always held in the beginning of
                  October, so check our events calendar and your school for the specific date.
                  For more information phone: 510-238-9450.
                  2 pm - 4 pm USC Informational Session at the Sheraton Gateway San Francisco
                  Airport.

                  3 - 5 pm NACAC Performing and Visual Arts College Fair. For more information
                  contact Michele Holmes NACAC Event Manager for Special Programs and
                  Publications at mholmes@...

                  Sunday October 18, 2009
                  3 - 5 pm USC Informational Session at the Santa Clara Marriott, Santa Clara.

                  Monday October 19, 2009
                  7 - 9 pm USC Informational Session at the Double Tree Hotel, Sacramento.

                  Wednesday October 21, 2009
                  6 - 7 pm College Night at College of Alameda. Wesleyan University will be at
                  this event.

                  7:30 - 9:30 pm College Nights at Athenian, Danville. Tonight's event will
                  feature Macalester College, University of San Francisco, Sierra Nevada
                  College, Oberlin College, Sarah Lawrence College and University of Puget
                  Sound.