Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: Richmond City Budget and Non-Closure Payment

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2009
      I dug up the agenda item for Richmond and the adopted WCCUSD Board
      resolution and posted them on:

      http://drop.io/8ftz6dy/

      Obviously, the key document to dig up is the MOU signed with the city
      of Richmond to confirm the details, but from looking at these docs
      it's clear that on the WCCUSD side $1.5M/year keeps these schools open
      year-by-year starting next fiscal year and the city is contemplating a
      "3-5 year" commitment based on some financial maneuverings. I don't
      know how they came up with 1.5M when it should be 1.4M (800K + (2 *
      300K)).

      Meanwhile, don't forget the County Office of Ed. in its conditional
      approval (uploaded with the other docs) of the WCCUSD budget for this
      year states:

      "Should the cities be unable to provide the funding indicated in the
      assumptions by November 2009, it will be necessary to implement the
      school closures iterated in the Board's School Closure Resolution."

      Charley Cowens
      http://www.twitter.com/ccowens