Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: Any Reverberations Here from Controversy over Obama Speech to Students?

  • c slamon
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 9, 2009
      my daughter did not see it at Portola either. I tried to get her to watch
      it but she said, why should I, I'm already an A student and I plan to stay
      in school, it's like nagging me about doing something I already plan to do.
      In todays paper there is a cartoon of 3 kids , the first kid says, "My
      conservative parents FORBID ME to watch the president's speech to public
      school students. The second kid says "You know what that means?" and the
      third kid replies "Makes us want to see it even more!" That's when I
      realized my problem, I should have used reverse psychology and told her to
      not to watch it, too funny.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2009
        You should be able to watch it at this link
        http://www.whitehouse.gov/video/President-Obamas-Message-for-Americas-Students/

        I don't know if anyone showed it at the school I work at. I have not had time to watch it, but am interested in doing so and found the above link.

        My son is in High School and he did not see it or even know about.

        I will ask him to watch it and see what his response is...

        Jill Wolkenfeld